You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GET YOUR HANDS PLAYED OUT ON SKY POKER CHANNEL 865

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi all,

As you can see below James Hartigan will be in the studio (once a week) analysing your hands. Here’s a couple that have been played out over the past few nights…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAY4m__Sja0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC9ysDvR7S0

The TV crew will do their utmost to review as many hands as possible - so if you want your hands played on the show, email them the HAND ID, your player name and any questions or advice you have for James to skyopen@bskyb.com or post the details in the thread here

Hands will be played out on the show each week and then be posted on the forum in case you missed it!

Good luck and hope to see your play on the channel!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    hand id: 211513039

in this hand i played my full house very passivly and got outdrawn,it would be interesting to see someone as aggressive as James analyse this one.
  • edited December 2009
    (giving this a quick bump)
  • edited December 2009
    With regards to my hand on here, the reason I didn't re-raise preflop is.... Im out of position, and therefor im at a disadvantage to the other players, so why would I want to increase the pot so much and commit alot of chips when sat in the worse position on the table. Iv spoken about this tactic to James before when I did the same thing with AQ OOP. If I hit my A like I did, then I can start being agressive, and im sure if that next card was not a diamond, i would of check raised slam59 all in there.

I know this is against the norm, but this is how I prefer to play it and it works well for me. Thats the beauty of poker, everything can be played differently.
  • edited December 2009
    Position is irrelevant, because, when I talk about re-raising in that spot, I mean three-bet jamming!

There's so much in the middle, after that over-raise and call, that it's worth shoving.  IMO, that's the way to play AK in this specific situation against two unknown hands.

Knowing the cards, the A7 folds (unless he's a COMPLETE donk) and you MIGHT get called by the TT.  And, if you do, you're off to the races...

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: GET YOUR HANDS PLAYED OUT ON SKY POKER CHANNEL 865:
    Position is irrelevant, because, when I talk about re-raising in that spot, I mean three-bet jamming! There's so much in the middle, after that over-raise and call, that it's worth shoving.  IMO, that's the way to play AK in this specific situation against two unknown hands. Knowing the cards, the A7 folds (unless he's a COMPLETE donk) and you MIGHT get called by the TT.  And, if you do, you're off to the races...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
     I agree with your thinking if this is later on in the tournament. But I think the blinds were 20/40? or 30/60? something like that, and there as actually only 500 in the pot. Do I want to risk 4k chips to win 500 when im only getting called by AA,KK AK or a lower pair, so at best a 50/50 (unless the guy is a donk and calls with AQ or less). Im mainly a deepstack player as you know and dont want to comit all my chips for a small pot. Its an interesting hand and im not saying im right and your wrong as it can be played different ways, and I like to air on the side of caution as im a tight so and so with my chips/money :-)
  • edited December 2009
    I hear you - and understand your thinking.

Two things (and then I'll move on)...

500 is not a small pot when the blinds are 20/40.  If you take it down pre-flop, you add 12% to your stack!

AK is, ultimately, a drawing hand, so plays much better as a raising hand - especially when OOP.
  • edited December 2009
    Hand History #212521563 (15:07 07/12/2009)

Just wanna see how strong his king was, wasit king 9 or king ten? lol

Cheerz, dohh