You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Seperate section for Diaries.

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
When i wrote this, 9 0f the 16 threads in Poker Chat were diaries.
I know people enjoy reading these but any threads of worth soon get pushed down the order and disappear to page 2 and beyond and I think this is stagnating the Poker Chat section. Personally,I only read GaryQQQ's diary, the rest  I ignore and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has limited interest in these. If there was a separate section for diaries, I'd still look up Gary's but it would mean I could browse the PC section easier and it might encourage more posts in there, coz players know there thread isn't going to get swamped by diary entries pushing them off the front page. Another forum(often referred to as next door) has implemented a section for diaries and it works well and hasn't killed the the equivalent of PC on there.
 Just my thoughts. I'm off to steal the kids Chocolate eggs and stuff my fat face.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Yes please. This comes up quite regularly
  • edited March 2013
    I think we should have a separate section for threads asking about whether we should have separate sections for stuff

just saying :)
  • edited March 2013

i suggested something similar last year.  but now i neither have an opinion on the matter nor do i not have an opinion.

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Seperate section for Diaries.:
    I think we should have a separate section for threads asking about whether we should have separate sections for stuff just saying :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I think we should also have a seperate thread for GREGHOGG so he can post all his boring posts there to his hearts content and we don't have to listen to it!!!!! ;-)
  • edited March 2013

To be fair there would be very little going on in poker chat if it wasn't for the diaries. 
    Why not just make page 1 bigger.
  • edited March 2013
    Add a diary section.

Combine General Poker Chat with the Sky Poker Tour, Sky Poker Announcements and Sky Poker TV Channel sections.

Most announcements are posted in GPC anyway. The Sky Poker TV channel section is dead and the skypoker tour could get more discussion/forum railing in GPC.

Just my opinion.
  • edited March 2013

I think GaryQQQ should be in charge of the Dairy section.

On a more serious note, yes I do think the time has come for a new section for all the diaries now. Perhaps the forum may get a face lift/upgrade when the new software comes in?
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Seperate section for Diaries. : I think we should also have a seperate thread for GREGHOGG so he can post all his boring posts there to his hearts content and we don't have to listen to it!!!!! ;-)
    Posted by Mohican
    You can just hit the "ignore GREGHOGG" button, that's what everyone else does! :)
  • edited March 2013
    I think GaryQQQ should be in charge of the Dairy section. On a more serious note, yes I do think the time has come for a new section for all the diaries now. Perhaps the forum may get a face lift/upgrade when the new software comes in?
    Posted by MAXALLY
     Beginning to think there is no such thing. 
     How long we been waiting for now.
     Since this was first mentioned we have seen Obama get re-elected, Whitney Houston buried, Hurricane Sandy, a man freefall from space, the Costa Concordia disaster, the Olympics, a new Pope, Jimmy Savillegate, Comet go bust, etc, etc.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Seperate section for Diaries. :  Beginning to think there is no such thing.   How long we been waiting for now.  Since this was first mentioned we have seen Obama get re-elected, Whitney Houston buried, Hurricane Sandy, a man freefall from space, the Costa Concordia disaster, the Olympics, a new Pope, Jimmy Savillegate, Comet go bust, etc, etc.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Aparently it will come in when TommyD loses a flip, current estimates are Januray 11th 2018