You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

re-buys

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all.  Does anyone know why skypoker is the only (that I'm aware of) site that charges for rebuys?  Whilst I like playing on sky, this really does seem to be unnecessary profiteering doesn't it?

My 1st post by the way...apologies for not being a very positive one :-)

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I think the answer is: Sky like to make more money.

I don't think the folks at Sky Poker care that other sites don't charge tournament fees on rebuys. As long as players are willing to play these rebuys in this format, why would they change them?

If you don't like it, don't play them. I don't.
  • edited March 2013
    Yea +1 rebuys and addons shouldnt be raked if you were to play a £22r on sky and a $22r on that other site 100 times each there would be a big difference in what you pay in rake as you would only pay rake for the entry and not for any rebuys or addons.
  • edited March 2013
    The only way you would be able to get them to stop putting rake on a rebuy is for no one to play them... But we know that wont happen :P
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks for your thoughts.  I think I will boycott re-buy tournies on sky on a point of principle,  I hope as many people as possible join me.
  • edited March 2013
    If I didn't pwn rebuys I'd join you!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: re-buys:
    If I didn't pwn rebuys I'd join you!
    Posted by percival09
    Brag!
  • edited March 2013
    I recently started playing on another site and was pleasantly surprised when I found that they don't charge rake on rebuys.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to re-buys:
    Hi all.  Does anyone know why skypoker is the only (that I'm aware of) site that charges for rebuys?  Whilst I like playing on sky, this really does seem to be unnecessary profiteering doesn't it? My 1st post by the way...apologies for not being a very positive one :-)
    Posted by makelty
    Hi there

It's swings and roundabouts but we believe we offer good value overall.

No two sites are the same.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited March 2013
    Hi Sky Poker.  Your interest and response is appreciated.  I have to say that I don't agree that you offer good value overall.  Many sites charge less than 10% entry fee on some tournaments and sit n go's.  Your Cash for Points is also worse than most that do the equaivalent rakeback and they don't have a minimum play before getting any.  And as already mentioned you charge for rebuys in relevant tournies.  So I don't think you offer good value in comparison.  I realise I am open to the respose that I do not have to play here.  And indeed this is a response I myself would be tempted to give to someone making the points I do.  But there are, of course, other reasons why I continue to play on Sky Poker :0)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: re-buys:
    Hi Sky Poker.  Your interest and response is appreciated.  I have to say that I don't agree that you offer good value overall.  Many sites charge less than 10% entry fee on some tournaments and sit n go's.  Your Cash for Points is also worse than most that do the equaivalent rakeback and they don't have a minimum play before getting any.  And as already mentioned you charge for rebuys in relevant tournies.  So I don't think you offer good value in comparison.  I realise I am open to the respose that I do not have to play here.  And indeed this is a response I myself would be tempted to give to someone making the points I do.  But there are, of course, other reasons why I continue to play on Sky Poker :0)
    Posted by makelty
    No problem, as we said, there's some things we do cheaper / better too but there would be too many things to list (for and against) so lets not go there.

Glad you enjoy it here and good luck to you.

Sky Poker