You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Does everyone go broke here?

Curious to see what I shouldve done here.Am I ever gettin away from this or is it just 1 of those things?Had my fair share of run good this week,so no complaints about the result whatsoever.Think its only the 2nd or 3rd hand of £5.75 bh.Just wonderin how to deal with this situation,ie 2nd set on a drawing board.Feel free to point out my many mistakes lol!
Paul

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancex
Small blind 10.0010.002155.00banana10Big blind 20.0030.001960.00 Your hole cardsJJ   bignoise10Raise 60.0090.001970.00sammip8508Fold    johno
Call 60.00150.001750.00DiabloFishFold    x
Call 50.00200.002105.00banana10Fold    Flop  5JQ   x
Bet 100.00300.002005.00bignoise10Call 100.00400.001870.00johno
Fold    Turn  8   x
Bet 200.00600.001805.00bignoise10Call 200.00800.001670.00River  2   x
All-in 1805.002605.000.00bignoise10All-in 1670.004275.000.00x
Unmatched bet 135.004140.00135.00x
ShowK7   bignoise10ShowJJ   x
WinFlush to the King4140.00 4275.00

Comments

• edited March 2013
    think u played it fine Paul...
    up to the river.
    obviously with 3 diamonds showing u have to ask yourself,is he bluffing here or does he have flush?
    i think it's probably without reads about 50/50 ish,so if u fold u r still in but if he's bluffing and u call and win
    u have doubled up.
    when x makes the 200 bet on turn,instead of calling if u put in a min raise of 200 back then he probably goes all-in right there,and that should tell u he's got it.
    it's all easy after the event though,and i doubt if i'd have thought of doing that at the time either.
    i'd probably have done same as you and called tbh...
    next time. ha ha.
    :)
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    Hi. I personally think you should be raising the flop on a very wet board. The turn is horrible as both draws hit so check calling is best but i persoannly fold the river to anything over a half pot bet.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm betting more preflop and reraising the flop big. I think that flop is too dangerous.

But yeah its tricky to get away from it given that its so early in the game and probably no knowledge of how your opponent plays
  • edited March 2013
    In hind sight,I should deffo have raised up the flop.Probably wouldnt have got rid of oppo,but still tryin to work out bet sizing etc atm.Its all a learnin process isnt it?
  • edited March 2013
    As played i think you can fold the river, as you kept the pot so terribly small and it's pretty obv he is overshoving a flush. you have a chance to fold now because you have pot controlled a hand that you shouldnt have!

Your mistake is not raising the flop/turn. there is no way i would see a river id get it in way before that. 
  • edited March 2013
    Yea raise the flop there is so many hands he is going to call you with.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Does everyone go broke here?:
    In hind sight,I should deffo have raised up the flop.Probably wouldnt have got rid of oppo,but still tryin to work out bet sizing etc atm.Its all a learnin process isnt it?
    Posted by bignoise10
    You should raise the flop but you absolutely do not want your opponent to fold. If he calls with draws, one-pair or two-pair that's really good news for us. Sometimes his draws will get there but, as long as we raise enough on the flop to charge him the wrong price, we have made a profit in Expected Value terms from that flop play.

You mustn't think that, because he would have got there on the turn either way, you want him to fold on the flop. Any time that you have a hand that is a favourite against your opponent's hand, you want them to put more chips in.
  • edited March 2013
    Got to agree with most comments above, raise that flop pot size to find x hand strength.
    No point trying to trap on that flop, if x just calls then you've got all the info you need,
    If x bets 200 on the turn you can have a look at river knowing you're probably behind,
    If x bets half pot for value then fold and look for a better spot.
  • edited March 2013
    raise the flop, shove the turn.

As played you can fold the river.
  • edited March 2013
    tbh m8 dnt like the way u have played this 

deffo raise the flop as its very wet with 2 diamonds im going atleast 400 and on the turn im deffo raising played very passive imo 
  • edited April 2013
    raise the flop, shove the turn. As played you can fold the river.
    Posted by Lambert180

Find that a bit odd.
    All draws have just got there and now you want to shove?
  • edited April 2013
    raise the flop, shove the turn. As played you can fold the river.
    Posted by Lambert180
    thats not correct at all, any draws that were there on the flop now have hit on the turn, why on the 3rd hand of a tourney would you want to shove? your prob gonna fold worse( QX,JX etc) and get called by hands that and better and beating you