You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hands up 4 chat room so if people want to have a chat and have a break from poker

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
votes please lol

Comments

• edited December 2009
    you got my vote
  • edited December 2009

Not for me but please yaself. Its a poker site.

Im starting to wonder wether or not the frequent users of this forum actually play poker??

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: hands up 4 chat room so if people want to have a chat and have a break from poker:
    Not for me but please yaself. Its a poker site. Im starting to wonder wether or not the frequent users of this forum actually play poker?? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    its just a bit of fun and if u so much in 2 poker what u doing in here lolol
  • edited December 2009
    It is not a bad idea but I am not sure if Sky would set one up.
    After all, if people are in the chat room, they are not playing poker and paying the rake.
  • edited December 2009
    it is after all community in here, where people can say what they feeling lol
  • edited December 2009
    this is the chat room for me
  • edited December 2009
    i give up with this poker lol how many times can u get rivered lol should hv comp the most person to get rivered in a month wins sthink lol
  • edited December 2009
    if you look at the community suggestions page on the forum this has been mooted before an they are thinking about it ;)
  • edited December 2009
    I seem to remember supporting this idea prviously, so it could be the one wayne (margatemaf) is referring to.  I suggested it would be a good idea for people to chat, if they have a few minutes before a mtt etc starts.  How often do people end up having chats through a thread, when an instant message type chat room would be better.
  • edited December 2009
    I'm with Dohhhh on this one, we come on this site to play poker and we have a community forum to keep in touch with others.

I am not entirely sure a live chat room would be a good idea, it opens up the possibility of cheating, whilst playing a live game.

Just a Quick Note: If the chat room was unavailable whilst you had a table open then it could work.

Maybe it might be worth suggesting that to the suits.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi pokertrev

I often visit the site to read through the forum and blogs, but not actually play a game of poker.  I dont know if there are many people like me, but a live chat room would be of interest to me.  Often it is convenient for me to enjoy the forums but not be able to play a game of poker.

Like you say, it could be unaccesible whilst in a game, and possibly worth a look at.
  • edited December 2009
    defo agreed with the last 2 comments! while you are at a table no chat except for table chat. A very good point raised there ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: hands up 4 chat room so if people want to have a chat and have a break from poker:
    Not for me but please yaself. Its a poker site. Im starting to wonder wether or not the frequent users of this forum actually play poker?? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Im a reg player and a reg forum user and find plenty of time to fit them both in my day

oops nearly forgot

i hope this helps
  • edited December 2009
    THINK IT WAS GRIMSBY WHO SUGGESTED THIS RECENTLY . THE THREAD IS IN THE SHED I BELIEVE . SKY RICH DID POST ON IT AND IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT , WELL .... I CANT REMEMBER . I THINK IT IS A GREAT IDEA AND SO LONG AS CHEATING DURING ACTUAL PLAY CANNOT TAKE PLACE , HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING JET THAT WOULD CHANGE MY MIND .
  • edited December 2009
    hi logdon

i think you can change the set up of the chat box to not include the desription of the play at the table.  That way, it would only show chat comments, and you'd be able to follow it easier.

In addition to that chat box, the idea is for a separate chat room or lobby if you like, where people can chat in an instant message fashion, while waiting for mtts to start for example.  A lot of us end up having conversations in threads instead, which is a bit slower, and not as convenient.

Ray
  • edited December 2009
    Good idea, although i could see it as a place for the moaners to moan how their aces just got cracked :P
  • edited December 2009
    its a good idea, worth a try
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    got 2 agree with dohh its a poker site. i like 2 chat while playing.
  • edited December 2009
    yep goood idea...chats are way more fun than forums!
  • edited December 2009
    yep goood idea...chats are way more fun than forums!
    Posted by jonny124
    clearly speaking from experience with your 1 and only post
  • edited December 2009
    yep i think its a good idea to have a chat room in the lobby ,

i believe it to be in most of the established poker sites ,

i think sky will follow suit eventually,

sky being a progressive site ,

we have great fun and chat on the  final table,

but when its over and fresh in ones mind ,

it would be nice to have a chat about it afterwards,

like congrats/ you fish / nice bluff / what had you when i folded and so on.

so good idea and nice thread well done shewaz
  • edited December 2009
    yep i think its a good idea to have a chat room in the lobby , i believe it to be in most of the established poker sites , i think sky will follow suit eventually, sky being a progressive site ,  we have great fun and chat on the  final table, but when its over and fresh in ones mind , it would be nice to have a chat about it afterwards, like congrats/ you fish / nice bluff / what had you when i folded and so on. so good idea and nice thread well done shewaz
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    thxs irishrover, people say its a poker site and they come to play poker, we all do but... some people like to chat.. we know there are chat box on the table but some players moan when u start chatting in the box... sky bingo hv chat rooms so dnt see why they cnt do the same in here
  • edited December 2009
    I'm with Dohhhh on this one, we come on this site to play poker and we have a community forum to keep in touch with others. I am not entirely sure a live chat room would be a good idea, it opens up the possibility of cheating, whilst playing a live game. Just a Quick Note: If the chat room was unavailable whilst you had a table open then it could work. Maybe it might be worth suggesting that to the suits.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi Trev, Understand your feelings on this mate but I don't think A Sky run live chat room would be a worry. Chat rooms are live monitored by moderators. This service would not open up the possibitlity to cheat as that is already there. You can have conference calls on skype, MSN Messanger, The Trusty old phone now that local calls are free. A live chat room makes it no easier to cheat as that is already very easy for those that are interested in that sort of thing
  • edited December 2009
     Hi SHEWAZ dont know if you mean this but I have found that the chat box in the corner of the screen is to small and during a game turns round to fast to read I end up having to scroll  back to see whats been said, especially if others are railing their comments.  Also its mixed with hand information which gets mixed with the comments and blind level increases.  Maybe a bigger box or a box just for chat.  ?  I dont play poker 24 hours a day and have limited budget so its nice to break the day with chat like this and pick up tips on the forum. Plus if your on tilt you need some where to go to chill out.  If its not the chat box you are on about then are you suggesting alternative to forum. ? Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    You can make the chat box bigger

when your on the table click Options 

then in the drop down window, tick the Enable large chat window then Save my settings

that should stop you needing to scroll back
  • edited December 2009
    yep i think its a good idea to have a chat room in the lobby , i believe it to be in most of the established poker sites , i think sky will follow suit eventually, sky being a progressive site ,  we have great fun and chat on the  final table, but when its over and fresh in ones mind , it would be nice to have a chat about it afterwards, like congrats/ you fish / nice bluff / what had you when i folded and so on. so good idea and nice thread well done shewaz
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    THIS IS ONE THING I HAVE NOTICED , AFTER THE FINAL HAND IS PLAYED ,THERE IS NOT MUCH CHANCE TO SHARE BEFORE THE TABLE IS CLOSED . HAVING A CHAT ROOM WOULD GIVE EVERYONE , PLAYERS AND RAILERS A CHANCE TO SHARE PROPERLY WITHOUT THE RUSH THERE NORMALLY IS .
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: hands up 4 chat room so if people want to have a chat and have a break from poker : Hi Trev, Understand your feelings on this mate but I don't think A Sky run live chat room would be a worry. Chat rooms are live monitored by moderators. This service would not open up the possibitlity to cheat as that is already there. You can have conference calls on skype, MSN Messanger, The Trusty old phone now that local calls are free. A live chat room makes it no easier to cheat as that is already very easy for those that are interested in that sort of thing
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    MMMmmm - Valid Point Acesover8s. Wasn't thinking of all the other methods and messengers out there that could be used along side sky poker, so that being the case, you have changed my mind.

I would like a chat room as long as it can't be abused.
  • edited December 2009

I dont think sky will put a chat room on as all the MODS are busy checking all the chat boxes on the tables to issues bans  and checking the forums to see if any of us are having too much fun!!

How would they moderate a chat room??????
  • edited December 2009
    I dont think sky will put a chat room on as all the MODS are busy checking all the chat boxes on the tables to issues bans  and checking the forums to see if any of us are having too much fun!! How would they moderate a chat room??????
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Well side stepping the sarcasm lol Lots of chat rooms are moderated by some chosen members of it's comunity, but it really wouldn't matter as there is no new form of cheating as so many forms are already available