You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is the new software really nearly upon us

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
just heard orford's comments on the live show ands its seems like the new software is finally in sight for us.

i know we wont get an exact date til everythings ready to go but it was said it was in final stage of testing and theres a lot of changes happening in the next few weeks.

its got to be good news if its getting mentioned like this.

roll on the release date

Comments

• edited March 2013

Hallelujia.
     Still not going to hold my breath.
  • edited March 2013
    yeah watchin myself & can't wait

the only negative was CGI avatars,,,,, just long as it doesn't turn into PKR
  • edited April 2013
    Saw the resizable tables at spt london and they looked good. they said within 2/3 months they'd be introduced. He showed me them with people playing in real time, so they're def coming soon

they said this was the priority, so good luck with ante's lol
  • edited April 2013
    I saw them at SPT London and will be a beta tester on cash tables soon

Complete rewrite away from flash so will be less work for your laptop

Resizeable tables look good and colour coded actions were nice, also a chat box in mini view

As they are moving away from flash, this paves the way for a tablet app at some point
  • edited April 2013
    so we can take the term "few weeks" very loosely then

i havent been one to moan about the software or the updates to it, ive always been in the camp it will be here when its here, i dont have problems with the current stuff but its always nice to have something new.

solar: how did you become one of the beta testers?
  • edited April 2013
    it would be nice to hear something official from sky on this?  The resizeable tables alone could increase their revenues by a large percentage, so it's strange this is taking so long. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: is the new software really nearly upon us:
    so we can take the term "few weeks" very loosely then i havent been one to moan about the software or the updates to it, ive always been in the camp it will be here when its here, i dont have problems with the current stuff but its always nice to have something new. solar: how did you become one of the beta testers?
    Posted by TINTIN

3 years ago it was soon, and a few months, and 'coming soon' so why don't people just wait for an actual release date.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: is the new software really nearly upon us:
    I saw them at SPT London and will be a beta tester on cash tables soon Complete rewrite away from flash so will be less work for your laptop Resizeable tables look good and colour coded actions were nice, also a chat box in mini view As they are moving away from flash, this paves the way for a tablet app at some point
    Posted by SolarCarro
    As it's only just about to enter Beta testing I guess we're still in for a long wait. Don't hold your breath.
  • edited April 2013

I have had dealings with IT update guys before, and this is their code of practice when doing upgrades. As you can see, it is still a very long way off.

Announcing the upgrade/new software.
    BETA testing
    Changing the date of release
    Denying any date given
    Expecting us to understand
    Forgeting the 1st date given
    Giving us a new rough time period
    Have a new date (in their heads)
    Ignoring what is in their heads
    Justifying the delay with technical gibberish
    Keeping us informed with a 'soon' line
    Letting us know soon could be anytime
    Making us enquire again 
    Noting the enquire down
    Opening a new schedule (internally)
    Posting the new schedule (externally)
    Quickly deleting the schedule
    Releasing a statement with a rough year
    Scraping that
    Tell folk it is 'nearly' done
    Update the new software!
    Vacant the building while it runs
    Withdraw the upgrade when it fails
    Xpress concern at the delay 
    Yawn as you take 36hrs to install again
    Zip everyone up as it runs like clock work and pat yourself on the back
  • edited April 2013
    You have too much time on ur hands Mr Pinkstone ;) should have put in ur diary lol