You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

World Championships of Amateur Poker

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Gl all - Look forward to hearing winning news 

Comments

• edited March 2013

This event is happening all over the Easter Weekend at Dusk til Dawn and has been a great fun series so far.

Friday - DAIBOOT finished 4th in the Stud Championship
    Saturday - RAB642, goldenb238 and myself all went really close to the money in the 6Max all busting near the bubble. 
    Yesterday - goldenb238, UNCLE_PAT and myself all made it through a really tough day 1a of the Main event and will come back on Monday for the final day.  KOHAN final tabled the H.O.R.S.E Championships finishing is 5th.

Today there are quite a few of us playing the Omaha event, will report back later hopefully with more good news :)

• edited March 2013
    In Response to World Championships of Amateur Poker:
    This event is happening all over the Easter Weekend at Dusk til Dawn and has been a great fun series so far. Friday - DAIBOOT finished 4th in the Stud Championship Saturday - RAB642, goldenb238 and myself all went really close to the money in the 6Max all busting near the bubble.  Yesterday - goldenb238, UNCLE_PAT and myself all made it through a really tough day 1a of the Main event and will come back on Monday for the final day.  KOHAN final tabled the H.O.R.S.E Championships finishing is 5th. Today there are quite a few of us playing the Omaha event, will report back later hopefully with more good news :)
    Posted by Slykllist
    what a line up.  gl pat, dai, simon, colin.  if i were there we would collectively be called a school.

glgl

• edited March 2013

....so you are basically saying none of you lot have won owt yet?? :)

GL with the rest of the events.

One event I know you squaddies will crush is the 'standing by the bar drinking till the club closes' event. 
  • edited April 2013
    Well, the lack of reports yesterday were largely because the Omaha was a bit like a bloodbath, it was absolutely brutal!  EBBERDON managed a reasonably deep run but missed out on the cash, the rest of us failing miserably!

Today saw the final day of the Main Event, with a total prizepool of £45,100.

UNCLE_PAT managed a min cash in 58th place.
    goldenb238 was massively unlucky busting in 36th flopping top 2 pair with his AK on an As5cKc board only to be outdraw to the flush by 3c 4c in a pot which would have put him in great shape for a really deep run.

I managed to cling onto a short stack and pick up enough pots to grind my way through to 21st place but never managed to find the all important double up, finally jamming KJ into AA with the blinds about to come through my remaining 9 BB's.

All in all a great 4 days of poker and great banter with fellow Squaddies as always, will definately give this series a go again next year.