You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cant open download

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Trying to load up the download but just keeps saying loading cm menu.  Had the same problem about a week ago but worked after i did a restart.  Have tried uninstalling the software today 3 times and also doing a restart of my system and nothing is working.  Ps ukops starts in 30 minutes so need to get this sorted soon!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Are you doing a full uninstall and making sure nothing is left behind? if you have time you could try Iobit uninstaller. Run that, search for all associated files too, restart and reinstall the poker. Thats all I can suggest. Good luck. forgot to say you may have to try uninstalling flash too
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Cant open download:
    Trying to load up the download but just keeps saying loading cm menu.  Had the same problem about a week ago but worked after i did a restart.  Have tried uninstalling the software today 3 times and also doing a restart of my system and nothing is working.  Ps ukops starts in 30 minutes so need to get this sorted soon!
    Posted by bearlyther

this is a long standing problem.

with a very specific fix.

two options

1) use the browser version

2) keep reloading the software until it works, can take anywhere between 3 and 10 reloads to get it to open.

when it opens it opens fast but until then it just hangs on cm loading screen.

i've found re-installing/emptying logs etc  has no effect on the success rate of it loading.

fun times.
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks flyingdagg working now cheers
  • edited April 2013
    Yeh happens everyday for me. 3 times is the most common re-opening time for me. It's quite fun guessing each time, how many times it will take to open. I got it right 3 days in a row last week. #heater
  • edited April 2013
    Mine only just opened after about 6 attempts. It's been a good boy recently too :-(
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Cant open download:
    Posted by bearlyther
    wow i'm amazed lol
  • edited April 2013
    I never have any problems anymore, not that I actually open the download as often as you chaps.

Check you're fully updated with all the adobe nonsense, drivers, etc and make sure your security software has Sky Poker as a trusted program...

I have no idea about computers, though. I'm just saying those things because they sound like they might be relevant in some way.
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by bearlyther

it's unrelated to re-installing. it's just utterly intermittent.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Cant open download : it's unrelated to re-installing. it's just utterly intermittent.
    Posted by beaneh
    Yep i think it just randomly works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt