You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i be getting away from this?

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
have no history agaisnt opponent and get dealt AA make standard raise didnt feel flop would hit him at all after the raise i made unless hes come along with a low pair, i think i should propably raise again on the turn but decide to just call it for abit of pot control if he has the 7, when the final 7 comes on the river theres no way in my mind he has a 7 in his hand so im happy to ship it all in.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceposh-boySmall blind25.0025.001170.00AshMoneyBig blind50.0075.003675.00 Your hole cardsAA   xCall50.00125.001895.00RLT16Raise200.00325.001725.00spadmanxxFoldFASTCLIMBFoldposh-boyFoldAshMoneyFoldxCall150.00475.001745.00Flop  427   xBet50.00525.001695.00RLT16Raise481.251006.251243.75xCall431.251437.501263.75Turn  7   xBet50.001487.501213.75RLT16Call50.001537.501193.75River  7   xAll-in1213.752751.250.00RLT16All-in1193.753945.000.00xUnmatched bet20.003925.0020.00xShowJ7RLT16ShowAAxWinFour 7s3925.003945.00

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Nope, you played the hand 100% correctly imo. You raised pre-flop, you re-raised the flop, his donk bet on the turn looks a bit dodgy so he could easily have a 7 however you can't fold for 50 and the river is a great card for you 99.9999999999% of the time. Your just very unlucky, I'm going broke here all day.
  • edited April 2013
    I would of played the flop & turn abit different, but the end result would still be the same :)

Impossible fold on the river, just unlucky.
  • edited April 2013
    I agree. I sigh call as too much of my stack is the pot and you are good at least 70% of the time. Sometimes he has the 7 and sometimes he has a set but most of the time he has a higher PP or a bluff.
  • edited April 2013
    Easy call, just unfortunate.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: should i be getting away from this?:
    I agree. I sigh call as too much of my stack is the pot and you are good at least 70% of the time. Sometimes he has the 7 and sometimes he has a set but most of the time he has a higher PP or a bluff.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    are you serious? you sigh call the effective nuts? what does it take for you to just 'normal call'?

you are aware you beat all other full houses on the river right...
  • edited April 2013
    By the river we have the second nuts and less than a pot-size bet back. We can't fold and doing so would be a nightmarishly bad decision. Even thinking about the possibility of folding is way too nitty, in my opinion.

Pre-flop is fine.

The flop-raise is a very nice sizing in my opinion but I don't think you actually thought about that. I think you just clicked one of the automatic sizing buttons to get this 481.25 sizing. I'm going to sound like beaneh now: I don't like the fact that you just used those buttons because it suggests you didn't consider why that size might be good.

As it is, this sizing sets you up perfectly to get the lot in with just one more bet because it leaves stacks at less than the size of the pot. It's also an amount that your opponent is likely to call if he has something but shouldn't narrow his range down to only very strong hands. If you decide upon your own bet sizing, you might consider these reasons when arriving at a number. When you use the automatic sizing buttons, you're doing just that: clicking buttons and hoping you happen upon a good size.

Now that disturbing experience of me likening myself to beaneh is over, let's talk about the turn:

When he donk-leads, are we weighting his range towards super-strong hands? If so, then the flat is good because we are getting great odds to hit our Ace on the river. If that's the case, would we be planning to fold to a shove on a blank river? If we're not making his range on the turn super-strong OR if we're not planning to fold a blank river, then I think we should just be shoving this turn: Let him call off his stack with his 66, 88, 99, etc before a high card hits on the river which might scare him into not paying us off.

The river is a beautiful card. Snap off his shove and be happy about it.
  • edited April 2013
    NEVER FOLD THIS!

I wouldnt even see that i lost as i would be in the garden with my shirt off!
  • edited April 2013
    NEVER FOLD THIS! I wouldnt even see that i lost as i would be in the garden with my shirt off!
    Posted by DrSharp
    Haha this is genius, got me laughing.
  • edited April 2013
    By the river we have the second nuts and less than a pot-size bet back. We can't fold and doing so would be a nightmarishly bad decision. Even thinking about the possibility of folding is way too nitty, in my opinion. Pre-flop is fine. The flop-raise is a very nice sizing in my opinion but I don't think you actually thought about that. I think you just clicked one of the automatic sizing buttons to get this 481.25 sizing. I'm going to sound like beaneh now: I don't like the fact that you just used those buttons because it suggests you didn't consider why that size might be good. As it is, this sizing sets you up perfectly to get the lot in with just one more bet because it leaves stacks at less than the size of the pot. It's also an amount that your opponent is likely to call if he has something but shouldn't narrow his range down to only very strong hands. If you decide upon your own bet sizing, you might consider these reasons when arriving at a number. When you use the automatic sizing buttons, you're doing just that: clicking buttons and hoping you happen upon a good size. Now that disturbing experience of me likening myself to beaneh is over, let's talk about the turn: When he donk-leads, are we weighting his range towards super-strong hands? If so, then the flat is good because we are getting great odds to hit our Ace on the river. If that's the case, would we be planning to fold to a shove on a blank river? If we're not making his range on the turn super-strong OR if we're not planning to fold a blank river, then I think we should just be shoving this turn: Let him call off his stack with his 66, 88, 99, etc before a high card hits on the river which might scare him into not paying us off. The river is a beautiful card. Snap off his shove and be happy about it.
    Posted by BorinLoner

thankyou all makes alot of sense, i did use the butons on this occasion but only because i had just started multi tabling normally i only play one but had 3 open at the time so didnt have time to type in my bets like normal, ill get use to it :D, if i was typing i would of probably put in 450/475 somewhere around there so basically the same, when he donk bets i dunno what i was doing tbh i couldnt put him on a 7 after calling pre flop but it was such a strange bet to make, and the river just sealed it for me wasnt anything left to do
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: should i be getting away from this? : are you serious? you sigh call the effective nuts? what does it take for you to just 'normal call'? you are aware you beat all other full houses on the river right...
    Posted by NColley
    You are aware ppl have different experiances right? This has happened to me four times in the last four n bit months and more times before then. I dont think you should snap call anything unles you have the nuts as you should always be aware of what you beat and what beats you. 

Im on no way advocating a fold at all, but im not calling thinking im 100% winning.