You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Horrible spot with AA

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic

ballboySmall blind £0.04£0.04£8.09neely0y0Big blind £0.08£0.12£8.39 Your hole cardsAA   bilu992Fold    jinderFold    TheBaddieCall £0.08£0.20£5.50SouthcoastFold    ballboyRaise £0.36£0.56£7.73neely0y0Fold    TheBaddieCall £0.32£0.88£5.18Flop  10J8   ballboyBet £0.48£1.36£7.25TheBaddieRaise £0.96£2.32£4.22

Comments

• edited April 2013

Nasty spot with TheBaddie.

He limps in and then calls the massive raise I put in.

Of what beats me - I don't think he can have Q9, J8 or 8-10 here. Would he call the squeeze with these hands? Still lowish stakes so possibly. Could be J-10 at a push.

Its difficult because I don't think there is much out there that beats me J-10 or a set, but the way he has played it I can't beat much bar something like KQ(Spades) or maybe some kind of pair flush combo. Would he limp and then call a 5x raise with AJ/KJ etc?

• edited April 2013
    Really tough spot! Any reads on villain - shown many loose starting hands previously? 

You have to just gamble on what he has based on the probability. ie: possible but slim hes flopped a straight. more likely hes got a flush draw, possibly the nuts, possibly with straight draw combo.

All I can say here is call and reevaluate the turn card, check and see what he does. If he had two pair or better I'd expect him to bet about £1.20 and shove the river.

A non spade 8 would be a great turn for you maybe?