You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A GRAND Show tonight on Channel 861

Comments

• edited April 2013

Good afternoon, hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend.

UKOPS was amazing, great stuff, well done & thanks to all those who played, & especially those who won a few bob, or just enjoyed themselves. The next UKOPS is already planned, & will be a little different, more news on that soon.

So, back to tonight, when we have a different Show to a normal Tuesday.

Firstly, it is "TURBO TUESDAY", & so tonight's MAIN EVENT has had the Buy-In reduced to £11 (from the usual £33), but the Guarantee will remain the same, at £5,000....

See 
    THIS 

We very much hope that during the final hour of the Show, from 11pm - Midnight, we will be able to follow this to a conclusion. Don't blink though, it will be fast & furious.

We will also be having a special "Grand National & Aintree" Preview between 8pm & 10pm.

We will concentrate on the Grand National & supporting Saturday races between 8pm & 9pm.

From 9pm until 10pm, we will feature the supporting races from Aintree on Thursday & Friday.

As with our Cheltenham Preview Show, we will have lots of clips of the fancied horses, & expert analysis in the Studio to guide you through the races.

Tonight's Presenter will be Jules Sowa, & we will have three special Guests for the Grand National & Aintree 2 hour segment - Michael Shinners of SkyBet, Ed Quigley, from the Racing Post, & David Ord from Sporting Life. That sofa is gonna get mighty cosy.....

If you have questions about the Turbo Tuesday for Jules or myself, or the Aintree Meeting & Grand National for Michael, Ed & David, usual addresses,
    SkyOpen@BSKYB.com, or via Twittter - #skypokertv"

Poker & the Grand National, all in one Show. Ooooh.

• edited April 2013

Poker di Sivola anyone?

50-1!
  • edited April 2013

Have a great show tonight 

I reckon IMPERIAL COMMANDER has a great chance @14/1 (with sky bet) what does the Horse Racing Panel (on da sofa) think??

Also in there opinion Who has been the Greatest Grand National Horse since it First Began??
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: A GRAND Show tonight on Channel 861:
        Have a great show tonight     I reckon IMPERIAL COMMANDER has a great chance @14/1 (with sky bet) what does the Horse Racing Panel (on da sofa) think??   Also in there opinion Who has been the Greatest Grand National Horse since it First Began??
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I reckon 99% of the public would nominate Red Rum (rightly) as the greatest ever Grand National horse. But the greatest single achievement to me was Crisp in 1973, carrying 12st (now not allowed) and trying to give 'Rummy' 23Ibs. 
  • edited April 2013
    Have a great show Tikay. I hope main gets the  runners, I will go 400+.

Gl in National with your bet Joesman. Have ma fingers crossed.

Im going ew on Sunnyhilly boy 16s.
  • edited April 2013
    Have a great show Tikay. I hope main gets the  runners, I will go 400+. Gl in National with your bet Joesman. Have ma fingers crossed. Im going ew on Sunnyhilly boy 16s.
    Posted by DivsDreams
    Cheers Divs. it's been a blast anyway, can't believe how quick time has flown since I 1st highlighted back on 20th April last year. Drinks all round if it cops.
  • edited April 2013
    If horses played poker,what a game these would put up.

MOIFFA..Brought from New Zealand by ship,the ship was caught in a storm in the Irish
    sea and started sinking. Moiffa swam 50 miles to safety on a remote island.
    Then won the national.

GOLDEN MILLER. Won grand national + gold cup in same season.

ARKLE. Won 27 out of 35 starts.

DESERT ORCHID. The peoples champ, one of the greats.

RED RUM. Won 3 second twice in the national say no more.

KATO STAR.Won 5 King George V1 always gave his best.

What you think is there any better?.
  • edited April 2013
    The Grand National was run at Gatwick Racecourse for 3 years during World War 1 on land that is now Gatwick Airport.
  • edited April 2013
    Airport - Motor Racing connection

Silverstone heliport holds the world record for busiest airport for one day when there were 4200 take offs or landings during the 1999 British Grand Prix.
  • edited April 2013
    Good evening all, hope you all had an eggcellant easter.

i have had alot of sucsess in recent times in the national, by staying with trend horses running in the race.
    the two horses that stand out this year would be: ON HIS OWN, RARE BOB.

the reason i pick these two, age 9+, horse has to win at least once over 3mile+, ran in last 50 days, has had hurdle run this season, races prominent also top eight in betting.

last year's race went against the trend but was close as had SUNNYHILLBOY.

would you guys say this is a good way of picking a winner.
  • edited April 2013
    Evening Jules and Tony,

Couldn't turn down the opportunity of doing the jackpot cheaply, great decision to change the buyin of the ME event tonight. Fingers crossed you'll be showing my FT hands later ;)

My knowledge of horse racing could probably fit on the back of a postage stamp, but when I was a young 'un and lived with my mum in Liverpool, I used to be able to watch the grand national from my window, I was that close!
  • edited April 2013
    Evening all again, with regards of the surrporting rcaes at aintree, i have found that beaten fancied horses from cheltenham win at aintree.

last year i found,, GRUMINTI, OSCAR WHISKY, CLOUDY LANE, DARLAN and LOVECEN.
    with this in mind here are the horse to keep on side at aintree this year.

Dynaste
    First Lieutentant
    My tent or yours
    Oscar Whisky
    Super Duty
    Rolling Star
    Cotton Mill

Hope you have great show, also what would be your main pic's for aintree's surpporting races?
  • edited April 2013
    Good evening to all.

Greatly enjoying the Grand National night.

A question for the racing experts :

Have you spotted a trainer/jockey a bit of the radar APART from the usual suspects of top trainers/jockeys
    that have got a bit of momentum going heading into the Aintree meeting that would be worth backing ?.

Many thanks in advance .

Have a great show.
  • edited April 2013
    Evening all have a great show 

A horse that i think will go well at the grand national is seabass think is has a great chance 

On how many finish the race i think over 17 is a tempting price at 7/4 what do the experts think 
  • edited April 2013
    I can honestly say Grand National day is my favourite day of the year!
    The buzz and excitement before the off cannnot be paralled anywhere else in the world!
    I've had more than my share of luck and this year have been backing Swing Bill not for his form but for his jumping!
    I haven't seen him put a foot wrong at a single fence and he's jumped a fair few!
    In a race were jumping is the key i believe he will run into a place and with most bookmakers paying the first five i'm more than happy with the 120/1 each way I took! earlier this year
    But there is a thread in Punters corner where Joesman has highlighted the chances of On his Own since April last year.
    I would happily forgo my £10 each way to see him collect his thousand pounds each way at odds of 33/1 downwards on On his Own I'm pretty sure Tikay will have read the thread it has been a revelation throughout the year!
    If ever a person deserves to win it's Joesman, and we all wish him well for next Saturday!!!
  • edited April 2013
    Going back to the national, will tikay be backing the old grey SWING BILL.  as like last years race an old grey one.

great show by the way
  • edited April 2013
    JACKPOT 22:03 pm      

main mini both %  
    entered 466 548 197 42  
    left 26 56      

Tings89 14 11      
    blueberr27 19 33      
    Horsh 24 27      
    mackarel21 25 48      

• edited April 2013

Hi guys> During the mastercash hour, any chance you can show this hand that I have just played?

02/04/2013 22:46

Hold'em

Master Cash 1

No Limit

£0.05/£0.10

I am never really sure what to do when in this position on the flop.

Thank you

Danny

• edited April 2013
    I can honestly say Grand National day is my favourite day of the year! The buzz and excitement before the off cannnot be paralled anywhere else in the world! I've had more than my share of luck and this year have been backing Swing Bill not for his form but for his jumping! I haven't seen him put a foot wrong at a single fence and he's jumped a fair few! In a race were jumping is the key i believe he will run into a place and with most bookmakers paying the first five i'm more than happy with the 120/1 each way I took! earlier this year But there is a thread in Punters corner where Joesman has highlighted the chances of On his Own since April last year. I would happily forgo my £10 each way to see him collect his thousand pounds each way at odds of 33/1 downwards on On his Own I'm pretty sure Tikay will have read the thread it has been a revelation throughout the year! If ever a person deserves to win it's Joesman, and we all wish him well for next Saturday!!!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Hi DUNMIDOSH

I've missed tonight's show up to now, so don't know if your email was read out, but thanks very much for your good wishes. Let's hope the whole community next door in Punters Corner can celibrate together. Drinks all round even if it just gets placed. 
  • edited April 2013
    Hi Tikay,

it's zykanum  z -eye-car-nam. (long story) On site 3 years. Theatre director by profession, thought I was an OK player but just got back from Vegas .......   

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas eh??  The only thing that stayed in Vegas was my money!! 

Enjoying it though. .. and the show.  Ta
  • edited April 2013
    was there no prizes tonight to give away???
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by ms-tree
    Surely the banter, content and pure indulgence was the prize itself!
  • edited April 2013
    Hi Tikay, it's zykanum  z -eye-car-nam. (long story) On site 3 years. Theatre director by profession, thought I was an OK player but just got back from Vegas .......    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas eh??  The only thing that stayed in Vegas was my money!!  Enjoying it though. .. and the show.  Ta
    Posted by zykanam
    Ha!

Thanks Z-eye. ;)
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by ms-tree
    Not as such ms-tree, though there were £5 Free Bets on offer to everyone. 

We are mixing it up more these days, doing things a little different. There will always be Prizes available on an ad-hoc basis at the whim of the Producer, & front-of-camera "Talent", just not "by right" or automatically.
  • edited April 2013
    ok tikay thank you for taking the time to explain this, as i have watch most shows that are live i just couldn't remeber when no prizes where on offer,  great that sky are mixing things up tho.  keeps things FRESH.

see u all thursday.