You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rebuys

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi again guys. I am unclear why but this is twice now my thread on rebuys has been closed.

SkyPoker - why do you keep closing my thread on rebuys?

SkyPoker - you mention about rake caps.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but these only applay to cash games (I may be wrong on this as I rarely play anything other than tournies)

Lambert180 - I'm assuming that was just 1 site you mentioned other than sky who charge for rebuys.  I believe you may be right on that one.  But you said "sites".  What are the other ones that you are aware of that like Sky charge for rebuys?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    You're just going to get yourself a ban if you keep posting this. Sky don't like people suggesting that they're ripping off their customers on their own forum. Nor should they allow it.

I agree that rebuys shouldn't be raked but, as I said to you on another thread, you don't have to play them.
  • edited April 2013
    You are asking people to boycott SKY and then wondering why they close your threads?
    When I enter the £11 rebuy I consider it to be a minimum £30 Mtt. In any normal £30 MTT I will pay £3 rake so to me its no big issue.
    SKY have given you their answer what more do you want. Its your choice to play them.
  • edited April 2013
    I agree that it was a bit heavy handed to close the thread, especially when there was genuine discussion going on.

However, Sky have made it clear they're not going to change their policy re raking rebuys.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to rebuys:
    Hi again guys. I am unclear why but this is twice now my thread on rebuys has been closed. SkyPoker - why do you keep closing my thread on rebuys? SkyPoker - you mention about rake caps.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but these only applay to cash games (I may be wrong on this as I rarely play anything other than tournies) Lambert180 - I'm assuming that was just 1 site you mentioned other than sky who charge for rebuys.  I believe you may be right on that one.  But you said "sites".  What are the other ones that you are aware of that like Sky charge for rebuys?
    Posted by makelty
    Because we have answered this before and end up going around in circles. Given the suggestion to 'boycott' things on our site, we could have deleted the thread but chose not to and gave the benefit of the doubt.

Rake caps is just one example and there are many others for and against. Again, no two sites are same, and we believe we offer good value to our custsomers (of all types).

As the others have suggested, the tone of the message and title of the thread was not the greatest. Again, thread closed as stated.