You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

'Away'

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
I'm fed up of players being 'away' and just hoping to pick something up out of the double your money games, I've just deliberately put myself out of a game as someone hasn't played a hand and is still sitting on 1600 chips. If they're away for more than 3 mins they should be made to put an ante in of at least 50 chips each hand

Comments

• edited April 2013
    If you can't beat a player who isn't even at the table, there's not much hope I'm afraid
  • edited April 2013
    Whats the problem? its the same as them folding every hand.

The only times an away player is annoying is in cash games, costing you more in blinds.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 'Away':
    If you can't beat a player who isn't even at the table, there's not much hope I'm afraid
    Posted by FCHD
    Not a question of beating them I go onto a table to play and enjoy a game. last weekend I was at a table where 3 people were 'away' obviously just hoping to pick up something
  • edited April 2013
    well if there all away and the players that are actually there are smart enough then they all lose whats the problem
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 'Away' : Not a question of beating them I go onto a table to play and enjoy a game. last weekend I was at a table where 3 people were 'away' obviously just hoping to pick up something
    Posted by rockonhock
    Ya sometimes these players are actually away for a variety of reasons. Example: Internet Disconneted, Table didn't open, Went out and forgot to unregister.

Most players aren't going to sit out intentionally in a sit and go or tourney. 

I agree, if 3 people are away at the table then it is a bit boring. If you're playing freerolls you just have to accept that sometimes at the start of the tourney you will have tables with multiple away players. This is because many people will register hours/days in advance without being sure of whether they will play or not, just to book a seat/

• edited April 2013
    This subject comes up time and time again....

A player is entitled to sit out... Just adapt...

It may not be as enjoyable, but that's life. Steal their chips innit :)
  • edited April 2013
    This subject comes up time and time again.... A player is entitled to sit out... Just adapt... It may not be as enjoyable, but that's life. Steal their chips innit :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    You steal them anyway, there or not lol
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 'Away' : You steal them anyway, there or not lol
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Nah I always have it :) 

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 'Away' : Nah I always have it :) 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yer and i'm a kopite..
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 'Away' : Yer and i'm a kopite..
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Big game on Sunday.. I am off to WHL for the first time in about 3 years.. Can't wait to see Bale in action... May the best team win.. #COYS :)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 'Away' : Big game on Sunday.. I am off to WHL for the first time in about 3 years.. Can't wait to see Bale in action... May the best team win.. #COYS :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    We have to win really, or goodby to euro again, but should be a good game.
    Two teams that play good football.
  • edited April 2013
    this is utterly ridiculous
  • edited April 2013
    this is utterly ridiculous
    Posted by percival09
    Go suck a lemon..
  • edited April 2013
    1 thing i hate about people being away i wont name who but this certain person does this delibrately so people raise then the come bk on and go all in for instance 1 time he was sat away and i was in the small blind he was big blind so i raised he came bk on and went all in this was the 1st time i see this now i know he does it alot i just fold now its really really silly and it irritates me and tilts me big time
  • edited April 2013

This again...sighhh.

• edited April 2013
    1 thing i hate about people being away i wont name who but this certain person does this delibrately so people raise then the come bk on and go all in for instance 1 time he was sat away and i was in the small blind he was big blind so i raised he came bk on and went all in this was the 1st time i see this now i know he does it alot i just fold now its really really silly and it irritates me and tilts me big time
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Yeah this action ive seen alot in mtts, really does boil my pickle.