You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

League?

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi

Following a post on another thread...

Comments

• edited April 2013

If you voted yes, would you keep it exactly the same?
  • edited April 2013

I voted yes and the only amendment i would suggest would be to introduce a 4th league for normal STTs.
  • edited April 2013
    Voted Yes.

The League was a good incentive to grind, and the old way to qualify for TSP was better.
  • edited April 2013
    Can you flesh out the question for those that can't see the poll?

All I can see is the thread title and "Hi, following a post on another thread..."
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: League?:
    Can you flesh out the question for those that can't see the poll? All I can see is the thread title and "Hi, following a post on another thread..."
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Out of interest, what browser are you on?

Not sure why you cant see it.
  • edited April 2013

Would you be kind enough to remind me, and for the benefit of the newer players, what the 'league' was.
  • edited April 2013
    the poll needs to be clearer

if you brought back the league which promos would you be removing?
    the old league was terrible but i dont know what has been promoted to replace it so cant vote. 

• edited April 2013
    the poll needs to be clearer if you brought back the league which promos would you be removing? the old league was terrible but i dont know what has been promoted to replace it so cant vote. 
    Posted by huuuuume
    Things like:

- Kings of Cash
    - Sit & Go champs
    - Golden Tickets
    - etc...
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: League? : Out of interest, what browser are you on? Not sure why you cant see it.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I'm using IE9. I suspect it's down to my new security software somehow, since I stopped being able to see polls at the same time I started using it. I've no idea how to fix it, though.

I vote NO. Though I reserve the right to change my mind once I know what the question is.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: League? : I'm using IE9. I suspect it's down to my new security software somehow, since I stopped being able to see polls at the same time I started using it. I've no idea how to fix it, though. I vote NO. Though I reserve the right to change my mind once I know what the question is.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    lol
  • edited April 2013
     Would you be kind enough to remind me, and for the benefit of the newer players, what the 'league' was.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    +1
  • edited April 2013
    Basically you got league points for each of the 3 formats (STT, MTT and cash). Points were based on actually winning pots/games rather than just number of hands/games played.

Every 3 months, the top 30 from each format went into a 90 man MTT with the top 6 seats getting entry into TSP.

I believe stacks were staggered based on how highly you finished in the top 30 of your format.
  • edited April 2013

Yes bring back the league and the 3.15 hu STANDARD sng's     PLEASE..

Everytime i start grinding something on here its removed,why is this.??
    Sharkscope top ten HAD 2 people from sky poker in it at the $2-$5 level from playing 3.15 hu standard games,why remove the popular games that people have played for years.??  at the drop of a hat,people that have been with the site from the start and really helped build and promote the thing...
  • edited April 2013
    Basically you got league points for each of the 3 formats (STT, MTT and cash). Points were based on actually winning pots/games rather than just number of hands/games played. Every 3 months, the top 30 from each format went into a 90 man MTT with the top 6 seats getting entry into TSP. I believe stacks were staggered based on how highly you finished in the top 30 of your format.
    Posted by Lambert180
    When the league was first introduced the top ten at the end of each month from each discipline got a cash prize,
    I personally think this was better,not everyone wanted to be in tsp,i would like to see the old  league return,with the league points system.

Maybe with cash and or golden ticket style goodies on offer..oh and did i mention the 3.15 hu STANDARD games,??lol..
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: League? : When the league was first introduced the top ten at the end of each month from each discipline got a cash prize, I personally think this was better,not everyone wanted to be in tsp,i would like to see the old  league return,with the league points system. Maybe with cash and or golden ticket style goodies on offer..oh and did i mention the 3.15 hu STANDARD games,??lol..
    Posted by FINS
    From what i recall the cash prizes were not that much, especially for the cash grinders who would win. I dont think TSP is a great prize either though. If you're gonna do a league then iunless its divided the higher stakes players will win so the prize has to be worth grinding the whole month for.

I much preferred when they scrapped the league and switched to promotions. The January one was the best one they have done but thats talking from a personal viewpoint.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: League? : Things like: - Kings of Cash - Sit & Go champs - Golden Tickets - etc...
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    prefer the current promotions.  at least there is a range of people who get rewarded.  unless the league is completely revamped it will just reward the same high volume higher stakes players
  • edited April 2013
    As a newish player to the site i'm not too sure of the ins and outs of how the old league worked but wouldn't imagine someone like myself (400 games per month at £5 dyms) would even get close to qualifying for it as there are players playing a greater volume of games at my level and a lot of players playing higher stakes than myself.

So I vote no unless someone can convince me there is a chance i could actually qualify for it. I.e. if the 30 places awarded for SNG's (using lamberts example above) then these could be split at 10 per range of buyins (low, medium and high) or stagger them (20 for high, 10 for medium and 5 for low) etc

In general though i like the idea of leagues to gauge how well you fair against other players on the site.
  • edited April 2013
    I said yes, but run it more like the KOC promo, where you have different tiers for the buy-ins, don't lump all the cash levels in one league, nor the DYMs... Due to satelites etc, MTTs may be able to be in 1 league though..?

Cash needs to be decided on winning pots rather than just playing in them as well. You could determine the points by money earned during the session... I.E you sit with £10, and stand with £14 you earn 4 points... If you stand with £6 you don't lose points so you are not just printing peoples winnings and losses.

DYM, simply you earn x points if you cash and none if you don't

MTTs, as it was, the higher you finish the more the points, the bigger the buyin's the more the points
  • edited April 2013
    I think it would be great to have the league back and is a much better way (imo) of picking players for TSP but I agree with others that it would need a re-vamp to somehow even the scores because most of us could probably name the people who will finish top 10 in each league now if the old system was used

For instance maybe the cash leaderboard should be purely based on BBs so like you get X points for every pot you win that is 20-30xBB, X points for 30-50xBB pots, etc etc.

If you can easily report on this in-house then maybe STT could be best ROI (minimum 1000 games for a 3 month period)

Maybe something similar for MTTs too, but maybe less games required as a minimum

Obviously this still favours larger volume players, and it's hard to get round that but at least it cancels out the affect of higher stakes players having a huge advantage.

This is just a really quick idea thrown together in 5 mins, I'll leave you to sort the great ideas from the trash ;)
  • edited April 2013
    I think it would be great to have the league back and is a much better way (imo) of picking players for TSP but I agree with others that it would need a re-vamp to somehow even the scores because most of us could probably name the people who will finish top 10 in each league now if the old system was used For instance maybe the cash leaderboard should be purely based on BBs so like you get X points for every pot you win that is 20-30xBB, X points for 30-50xBB pots, etc etc. If you can easily report on this in-house then maybe STT could be best ROI (minimum 1000 games for a 3 month period) Maybe something similar for MTTs too, but maybe less games required as a minimum Obviously this still favours larger volume players, and it's hard to get round that but at least it cancels out the affect of higher stakes players having a huge advantage. This is just a really quick idea thrown together in 5 mins, I'll leave you to sort the great ideas from the trash ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
     +1
  • edited April 2013
    I voted yes, but agree with others that it would perhaps need re-vamping. Quite like lamberts idea tbh or maybe have a Higher, Middle and Lower stakes league (top 10 from each level and format winning cash prizes, tsp tournament entry etc..)

Either way.......I miss the league!
  • edited April 2013
    I think it would be great to have the league back and is a much better way (imo) of picking players for TSP but I agree with others that it would need a re-vamp to somehow even the scores because most of us could probably name the people who will finish top 10 in each league now if the old system was used For instance maybe the cash leaderboard should be purely based on BBs so like you get X points for every pot you win that is 20-30xBB, X points for 30-50xBB pots, etc etc. If you can easily report on this in-house then maybe STT could be best ROI (minimum 1000 games for a 3 month period) Maybe something similar for MTTs too, but maybe less games required as a minimum Obviously this still favours larger volume players, and it's hard to get round that but at least it cancels out the affect of higher stakes players having a huge advantage. This is just a really quick idea thrown together in 5 mins, I'll leave you to sort the great ideas from the trash ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    The only problem with this is it could discourage players from playing if they hit the minimum gams played mark and have a good ROI, they may feel they are in danger of losing it and stop playing which is the opposite of what a promotion is designed to do
  • edited April 2013
    I voted for yes, i likedthe leagrue never made it but it allowed me to see hw well i was doing v others
  • edited April 2013
    What is the benefit of getting into TSP? i'm not sure what gaining this entails.

The only thing i used to like about the league was checking how far i could get and comparing against some of the well known regs and seeing how they were matching up, i don't see how it benefits anyone but higher stakes grinders though so it's pretty useless imo.

I would prefer KOC promos or similar on the regular where it is tiered and each level of play has a chance to make some extra £££ if they put the extra hours in.

If the league was to be brought back it would have to be completely revamped imo.

PS. scrap the golden ticket promo, i feel i could play this my whole life and i wouldn't win a thing with my luck...
  • edited April 2013
    What is the benefit of getting into TSP? i'm not sure what gaining this entails. The only thing i used to like about the league was checking how far i could get and comparing against some of the well known regs and seeing how they were matching up, i don't see how it benefits anyone but higher stakes grinders though so it's pretty useless imo. I would prefer KOC promos or similar on the regular where it is tiered and each level of play has a chance to make some extra £££ if they put the extra hours in. If the league was to be brought back it would have to be completely revamped imo. PS. scrap the golden ticket promo, i feel i could play this my whole life and i wouldn't win a thing with my luck...
    Posted by foldUfairy
    +1
  • edited April 2013
    i havent voted, im just here to play poker and have fun i'll enjoy and adapt to any promotion you throw at us.
  • edited April 2013
    If the league freeroll came back to i'd be happy.The roller seat was a great reason for me to grind dyms.
  • edited April 2013
    If the league freeroll came back to i'd be happy.The roller seat was a great reason for me to grind dyms.
    Posted by jjjach
    +1

forgot about the league freeroll
  • edited April 2013
    Bring league back, but RR should not get league points, as there is no skill involved just people with most cash pumping money in to get league points.....
  • edited April 2013
    Bring league back, but RR should not get league points, as there is no skill involved just people with most cash pumping money in to get league points.....
    Posted by 1johnboy24
    Big +1