You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just a question

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Hello all, I am wanting someone to help me with stratagy for tonight's new player FR, I'm not that good a player, and not good at knowing "Reads" like others can. I know what sort of cards to go in with. So can anyone help me here, should I go on faith or go with the cards that I was told  to do.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    My lowly opinion is that if its a freeroll - expect the unexpected - people will shove with any 2 cards.
    Patience is the key.
    Good luck
  • edited April 2013
    Play patient.  Concetrate on the table and use the notes to keep track of any weird hands.  Play tight.  Most of all enjoy it. Good luck!
  • edited April 2013
    In a freeroll, stick to playing good cards!

gl! :)
  • edited April 2013
    Yep, try and wait for the good looking cards. Here's a quick crash course....

If you see these, do a fist pump and get your chips over the line as soon as you can:

A-A
    K-K
    Q-Q
    A-K
    J-J

If you see these, try and sneak into the pot and hit a set (three of a kind) on the flop:

2-2
    3-3
    4-4
    5-5
    6-6
    7-7

You'll noticed I missed out 8-8 through to T-T. That's because they are somewhat inbetween. If you think your opponents have been playing a load of old toot, get the chips in preflop and hope your hand holds up. If you think they are playing quite cautious and only raise with really strong hands themselves (unlikely in a freeroll to be honest), then be a bit more suspicious.

Most importantly, have fun! The game takes a bit of getting used to and just remember that 

EVERY SINGLE HAND IS A NEW ONE. 

Just because you lose the hand before doesn't mean you HAVE to lose the next one. Think about all of your options as much as you can and piece together the bits of the jigsaw. Do remember that freeroll players will play all sorts of hands though, so you might find some odd hands when it comes to the end!

Finally, make sure you watch Sky Poker TV - lots of good advice for beginners and improving players on there. You can find them on Channel 861 on Sky or at the top of the page up there ^^^^  (click 'TV').

Good luck good luck!
  • edited April 2013
    Thank you very much Dave for the kinds advice, I will certanily take it onboard. I will try my best tonight and I will let you know how I got on :) will you be presenting tonight? 
  • edited April 2013
    Dont really have any tactical advice for you brother.JUST ENJOY IT!!!!!!
    Be good.
    Paul