You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anybody help me improve my Bountyhunter game

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
What is it with Bountyhunter?  I regularly cash in timed,freerolls and am able to hold my own at the cash tables but Bountyhunter  DOH!!!
Any advise out there?

Comments

• edited April 2013

In theory you should just play bounty hunters in the same manner you play other MTT's: If the table is playing tight, you play loose. If the table is playing loose, you play tight.

Be aggressive, just as in any other game, but be aware that players will tend to call off their stack in more marginal situations. So don't be making too many bluffs and when you do bluff, make sure it's against a player who is willing and able to fold.

Don't let the bounties fool you into making bad calls. The value of a single bounty is not equal to the value of your own. By that I mean that keeping your own stack allows you the possibility of taking more heads in better situations later and you need to stay in it to make it to the top-end payouts. Obviously that's not to say you should pass up good situations, just don't go chasing in bad ones.

• edited April 2013
    II`m naturally an agressive player anyway and tend to ignore the boutnies come what may but it just doesn`t happen for me - I play my own game and the cards available come what may.Should i bottle up a bit against the what seem to be more assertive playersn Response to Re: Anybody help me improve my Bountyhunter game:
    In theory you should just play bounty hunters in the same manner you play other MTT's: If the table is playing tight, you play loose. If the table is playing loose, you play tight. Always be aggressive, just as in any other game, but be aware that players will tend to call off their stack in more marginal situations. So don't be making too many bluffs and when you do bluff, make sure it's against a player who is willing and able to fold. Don't let the bounties fool you into making bad calls. The value of a single bounty is not equal to the value of your own. By that I mean that keeping your own stack allows you the possibility of taking more heads in better situations later and you need to stay in it to make it to the top-end payouts. Obviously that's not to say you should pass up good situations, just don't go chasing in bad ones.
    Posted by BorinLoner