You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Champions League / Poker League

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Sry, I dont want to steal the persons thunder, but remember someone suggested this before and Sky seemed up for it.

It would be good if all the Main and Mini event winners for one month were put in a 'Champions League' Tiurnament?  It could be shown on 861 and a cpl of 'special' guests could play eg presenters / analyists?

On a seperate note I think, as many others seem to aswell, the Poker League was a great elemant to the site.  I remember a few years ago I even managed to qualify for the 'Weekly League Stars' freeroll (as it was then), which to me was a big deal.  I also remember that a cpl of times I had a competition with a friend to see who finished the highest up, which meant I probably played alot more than I would have usually.

The top 10 Cash, STT and MTT players, for the month, could then also go into the 'Champions League'.

I know this costs money to run, but to me, £10k new player freeroll is too much and surely £5k is more than enough?  £2k could then be used for the 'Champions League' Tournament and £3k could be used to distribute between the top 10 of each section of the Poker League?

I know it was usually the same players who finished at the top, but they deserved to be there.  I also know that I would probably get nowhere near it, but would be good to see?  Just an idea....