You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a hard lesson learned

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat

after a really good few month playing mtts i suddenly decided this week i was billy big b00lox and decided to go play nl100, maybe not be big stuff to many but when your not a cash player it is, first 3 nights great, won £700, now tonight partly down to my own rubbish play ive lost £500 and to be quite honest i feel like smashing my computer, im raging with myself, that tilted i then proceed to go and play £50.00 spins on the roulette on sky vegas and loose a further £300, anyway ive got it out my system now, just had a nice caribean reafer and im chilled out, stick with the mtts because moneys hard to win but so damb easy to loose!!!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to a hard lesson learned:
    after a really good few month playing mtts i suddenly decided this week i was billy big b00lox and decided to go play nl100, maybe not be big stuff to many but when your not a cash player it is, first 3 nights great, won £700, now tonight partly down to my own rubbish play ive lost £500 and to be quite honest i feel like smashing my computer, im raging with myself, that tilted i then proceed to go and play £50.00 spins on the roulette on sky vegas and loose a further £300, anyway ive got it out my system now, just had a nice caribean reafer and im chilled out, stick with the mtts because moneys hard to win but so damb easy to loose!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    + 1
  • edited April 2013
    "stick with the mtts because moneys hard to win but so damb easy to loose!!!"

Well no,

Just depends on the level you are playing. You are just comparing low stakes tourneys with high stakes cash.

Fire up a few £100 heads up tourneys and see how easy you find it.
  • edited April 2013
    Unlucky. Good that you acknowledged it. 

Cash is more difficult than tournaments though, so involves much more strat etc
  • edited April 2013
    Been there done that many times pal learnt my lesson dnt play when drunk always remember to switch laptop of before ya go out has saved me a few quid 
  • edited April 2013
    Think your a good enough player to at least hold your own at that level though. Don't let it put you off having another go in the future
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a hard lesson learned:
    "stick with the mtts because moneys hard to win but so damb easy to loose!!!" Well no, Just depends on the level you are playing. You are just comparing low stakes tourneys with high stakes cash. Fire up a few £100 heads up tourneys and see how easy you find it.
    Posted by calcalfold
    who plays low stakes tourneys?? and nl100 is not high stakes either. when you say fire up a few £100 heads up tourneys i presume you mean heads up sit and go's, that has nothing to do with my post!!
  • edited April 2013
    Think your a good enough player to at least hold your own at that level though. Don't let it put you off having another go in the future
    Posted by Curt360x27
    thanks for the vote of confidence, im not so sure tho, just because im rolled to play nl100 dosent mean i should be playing it when im not experienced in cash, might sign up to a training site then come back and give it a go!!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a hard lesson learned : thanks for the vote of confidence, im not so sure tho, just because im rolled to play nl100 dosent mean i should be playing it when im not experienced in cash, might sign up to a training site then come back and give it a go!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    The roulette tilt is easily solved, up to 6 years if you want. NL100 is something you build up to, its a massive jump from nl30/40/50 not so much in standard but actually hard cash you are putting on the line. They do say you shouldnt be playing stakes if you fear for the money you could lose, but when you jump into it straight away it takes some getting used to. 

I think winning mtts gives you more of a buzz than taking down a decent size cash pot, unless its going to be on top of the pots!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a hard lesson learned : The roulette tilt is easily solved, up to 6 years if you want. NL100 is something you build up to, its a massive jump from nl30/40/50 not so much in standard but actually hard cash you are putting on the line. They do say you shouldnt be playing stakes if you fear for the money you could lose, but when you jump into it straight away it takes some getting used to.  I think winning mtts gives you more of a buzz than taking down a decent size cash pot, unless its going to be on top of the pots!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    first time ive ever done that on the roulette, i dont have a problem with it to be honest, was just a one off!!