You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How many hands is acceptable to play?

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
I think i once read we should play 1 hand in about 10?   If you keep getting cards which can be played from any position or suiting connectors how many should we play?  I find it can be like waiting for a train or bus,  you can go hours with no playable hands and then suddenly you get 7 or 8 playable hands in a row..

I know alot depends on the table dinamics  and betting ect  but is it acceptable to play so many hands 1 after the other?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Well what ya gunna do fold aces cos you've raised last three hands in a row?
  • edited April 2013
    You just play them as they come, if you get 10 hands in a row worth raising, then raise 10 times in a row. Sometimes you'll get nothing worth playing for 15 hands in a row, if that happens, then you just fold 15 times in a row, it'll even out.

It depends on your style, but alot of people will be playing in the region of 20% of hands so something like,

22+
    A4s+
    K9s+
    Q9s+
    J9s+
    T9s
    A9o+
    KTo+
    QTo+
    JTo
  • edited April 2013
    Getting loads of good hands is just a gift from the poker gods!

If you raise a few hands in a row and the other players don't get to see what you've been raising with they're more likely to think you're just a maniac and raising with air. Which is perfect because they're more likely to call with lessor cards, call your raises in poor situations and you get paid.

Only downside is it'll probably be harder to put your opponent on a hand
  • edited April 2013
    playing 10% of hands is wayyyyy too tight in 6 max
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks for the fedd back guys,  I was a bit worried people would think i was just a bluffing bully.  Like you say somtimes you get caught by a better hand if you don't concentrate fully at all times..  I find alot of players end up limping because they know they are going to get 3 and 4 bet raised alot...

I have noticed recently that 3 x betting is  has a far better outcome than just beeing passive and calling..
  • edited April 2013
    just play tight/aggro while you're learning the game. top 20-22% of hands or something

when you get better at the game you can increase your range because you should be better post