You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RELEGATION BATTLE PREMIERSHIP

edited April 2013 in Betting Chat
Watched STOKE away to Everton last weekend live on the box and they were good value for a point at the very very least but got beaten, and again could be said yesterday at home to Villa, only losing in the last 2 minutes. However a rut is a rut no matter how you look at it and i just struggle to see where they will pick up points from their remianing games, apart from Norwich at home. They can win this and lose all the rest and theyd be stuck on 37 points and i think 38 or quite possibly goal difference could stay up this year on the 37, who by my calcualtions would be SUNDERLAND and they could stay up by the skin of their teeth. 

Think WIGAN can get to safety again, although oddly only having lost today, as I fancy QPR to make a fist of it in the run-in but ultimately fall short. I can still see them winning 3 of their remaining fixtures , namely by winning at Upton Park and Sawnsea and Villa (who'll already be safe) at home on final day. 

May wait until after this game where a defeat for Wigan may shorten them and lengthen STOKE for relegation, but the 8/1 available currently looks very very tempting indeed

STOKE TO BE RELEGATED  8/1 

Comments

• edited April 2013
    NO CONTEST AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED MATE- I'M A READING FC FAN LOL.
    FOOD LUCK WITH THE BET.
  • edited April 2013
    i like Reading but ive counted your good selves and QPR as relegated and just picking out the remaining team to join them 
  • edited April 2013

As a Stoke fan, I am totally not worried.

Our next game is against Manure......and we beat them not so long ago*.

*(boxing day, 1984!)    Yes, I am slightly concerned but think we will just scrape through by one or two places.
  • edited April 2013
    Premiership whats that????

At this rate, we`ll be playing league 1 next season!!!

Had my season ticket renewal form through, it`s a toss up!!!

Love/hate football!!!
  • edited April 2013
    As a life time fan and season tciket holder at Stoke, it grieves me to say I have to agree with your value bet Bell.

I know loads of Stoke fans that have bcaked us to go down and that was before the latest defeat on Saturday.

This hasn't just happened over night, we have been dire for the best part of 18 months, the rate at which we have regressed this season has been painfull to watch.

We have one win in 13 and that was a poor 2/1 home win over Reading, in the 5 games in March the only goal we scored was a penalty and we were thankful for that with Walters conversion rate of 50% from the spot.

We were the lowest goalscores in the country last year and once again every other team in the country has scored more goals than Stoke City.

We have the players, but not the manager with the tactical nouse to play football in a positive manner and create goals, nevermind score them.

I've done the BBC predictor for the remaining fixtures and have us finishing 18th, 3 points a drift of safety.

I can see the likes of Villa, Wigan and Sunderland all picking up points and all have the potential to win a game or two, Stoke on the other hand, have forgotten how to play for a win.

We've won once away from home all season and that was a fortunate 1-0 at West Brom, our away form in the 5 years in the premier league has always been amongst the worst, now the pressure is on there is no way that's going to change, so you can forget about points at QPR, Sunderland and Southampton.

Then at home we've got Man Utd, Pulis will have one plan for this game, sit back and try not to lose by too many, then we have Norwich, where we will struggle as the onus will be on us to play with the ball and attack and that's something we don't like doing, final home game is Tottenham who will be fighting for that Champions League spot and anyway they are far too strong for Stoke.

What does surprise me is that those bookmakers that have Stoke at 8/1 to go down have us at 7/1 to finish top 10, now that is crazy!