You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what are you all talking about

i dont understand any of the poker language. do i need a degree in maths to play ? . do i need a language degree to play ?. NO.   i just need some cards. lol. its LUCK that makes hands and SKILL that plays them.   i need a glossary of terms to comprehend all the chat .lol. 

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Give some examples and we can help or just type poker terms in google.
  • edited April 2013
    thanks jonjo75.   what is `on the button`   , `the nuts`  , `donk` , `villain`, who are `fish`.... i take it , the last are insults.
  • edited April 2013
    on the button - the person who is last to act post flop, usually signaled buy having the "dealer button" on them. 

The nuts - the best possible hand on any given board.

Donk - This can mean different things in different context. A donk bet would be a lead into the raiser. Often used correctly by good players. However calling somene a donk would be an insult. 

Villian - Just a name for opponent really. Used more often than not just to hide the indenty when discussing a hand. 

Fish - As you say an insult for a player. Comes from the term fishing, when people call down to hit a draw. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: what are you all talking about:
    on the button - the person who is last to act post flop, usually signaled buy having the "dealer button" on them.  The nuts - the best possible hand on any given board. Donk - This can mean different things in different context. A donk bet would be a lead into the raiser. Often used correctly by good players. However calling somene a donk would be an insult.  Villian - Just a name for opponent really. Used more often than not just to hide the indenty when discussing a hand.  Fish - As you say an insult for a player. Comes from the term fishing, when people call down to hit a draw. 
    Posted by The_Don90

Nice one Don. Excellent answers.
  • edited April 2013
    thanks The Don90.  it`s a whole new language.....`lead into a raise ` & `call down to hit a draw` are these beginners mistakes.   also since i am a girl - can i say   `i`ve flopped the t*ts` when i get a good hand...lol
  • edited April 2013
    :O --------^^^^--------- she said t*ts
  • edited April 2013
    As you're a girl - don't ever squeeze the nuts ! ;-)
  • edited April 2013
    settle down now children and answer the question :-}
  • edited April 2013
    If the question is can you flop the t*ts - I'm sure the answer is a resounding yes.