You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK 90BB deep facing cold 4bet shove readless.

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Umm title somes it up really. The only other thing maybe to take into consideration is ive 3b a few times recently v the opener. Although since im readless im not sure if that makes a differance.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
kcuddedoo Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £27.56
Kevwinsome Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.80
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

chukkers17 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £15.56
aRaise  £0.80 £1.30 £36.52
The_Don90 Raise  £2.60 £3.90 £18.67
xAll-in  £18.15 £22.05 £0.00
kcuddedoo Fold     
Kevwinsome Fold     
chukkers17 Fold     
aFold     
The_Don90

Comments

• edited April 2013
    if his range is QQ+ AK+ or wider we have to call I think. If he's not cold 4bet shoving AK/JJ we should fold
  • edited April 2013
    I assume we need reads to assign a range percival? 

• edited April 2013
    yeah I just call. we're getting a pretty decent price with a monster. quite a bit of dead money in the pot. call call call and flop trips
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK 90BB deep facing cold 4bet shove readless.:
    I assume we need reads to assign a range percival? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    what was the table history like?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK 90BB deep facing cold 4bet shove readless. : what was the table history like?
    Posted by 1281
    I was struggling with lag so its hard to comment as i was missing lots of information. However the table fromwhat i have hasnt been too crazy. Although the 4better hadn't been here long. 
  • edited April 2013
    This is a spot that probably has pretty much neutral EV; most of the time he's gonna have an underpair 99 - QQ or the same hand as you.

That makes it a horrible spot and in isolation it seems the wisest option just to fold and move on, but you should call because you've already put money in the pot so in the long run repeat folding in this spot where you're usually flipping and probably not dominated any more than you're dominating = a loss.
  • edited April 2013
    if he ever has 99-JJ here then it's a snap snap snap
  • edited April 2013
    if he ever has 99-JJ here then it's a snap snap snap
    Posted by percival09
    Anyone who 4 bet shoves there just strikes me as someone whose happy to be gambling with an underpair or A/K.

If I had KK or AA there I would definitely not 4 bet shove in his spot - I'd be making a standard 4 bet to induce a shove from A/K or a call from a pair that then won't fold the flop if it comes out 3 undercards.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK 90BB deep facing cold 4bet shove readless. : Anyone who 4 bet shoves there just strikes me as someone whose happy to be gambling with an underpair or A/K. If I had KK or AA there I would definitely not 4 bet shove in his spot - I'd be making a standard 4 bet to induce a shove from A/K or a call from a pair that then won't fold the flop if it comes out 3 undercards.
    Posted by MATT8
    I really see no need with stacks the open size and my 3b size. A standard raise now is the shove surely. 
  • edited April 2013
    It's definitely NOT standard that he can only shove imo

You've only went to 13xBB, he can still easily make a 'normal' raise from 100xBB here.
  • edited April 2013
    me personally think its pretty easy call readless and take note what they show up with and note they 4bet allin with x hand

I also think most time here villian has ak/aq/aj and pocket pairs 22-qq not sayin it never happens but lot of unknown don`t just ship aa/kk in these spots in my experience at these levels.

and don`t agree that they can only shove think most regs would 4bet 25-30bbs with top of their range and some regs are capable 4bet folding as bluff also againist the right opponents.
  • edited April 2013

You have AKs )

so.. slightly +EV versus this range QQ+,AKs,AKo.........feel free to let me know if my calc is out
    Based on we win £22.05, have to put in another £15.50.

42% win                              58% lose
    .42 x +£22.05         +           .58 x -£15.50
      9.26                     +             -8.99

EV + 0.27p

versus this 99+,AQs+,AQo+

it's +£2.68
  • edited April 2013
    So its close then at +27p. 
  • edited April 2013
    Well it's close if they only do this with QQ+ and AK, but I bet he will have more in his range than this.
  • edited April 2013
    ya it's close but it's only relative to the amount you have to call against the amount you can win

it's a cold 4 bet, you could even narrow the range aswell as widen it

assign range, how much to call, how much to win

work it out

The same situation will occur again and again but the amount's will not be same and it's this that affect's your EV
    Before you 3 bet you should know what you going to do if your 4 bet or shoved on based on amounts and range

• edited April 2013
    ya it's close but it's only relative to the amount you have to call against the amount you can win it's a cold 4 bet, you could even narrow the range aswell as widen it assign range, how much to call, how much to win work it out The same situation will occur again but the amount's will not be same and it's this that affect's your EV
    Posted by rancid

Yeah you have a point. Shows the whole problem with being readless tbh 
  • edited April 2013