You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter

edited May 2013 in Betting Chat
Can,t see it myself but would love to be proved wrong _ It would certainly make it more interseting if he makes it there

Comments

• edited April 2013

Massive long shot, but worth a quid e/w.....

To win the Snooker World Championship.

Jimmy White  750/1.

He has still got to get through TWO qualifying games to get there, but tonight won 10 : 7 with a top break of 130.

If any one needed their #onetime, it is the whirlwind!
  • edited April 2013

Shud be double that to win a match.

Stephen Lee has it locked this time ! ;)
  • edited April 2013
    what is it with u and stephen lee dohhhh hes pants lol 
  • edited April 2013
    personally i think o sullivan or roberston will win it but i sullivan at 7/1 is a silly price hes been out of the game for a year 
  • edited April 2013
    Stay off the drugs Maxally 
  • edited April 2013
    u been on the white stuff :)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Finally the 'peoples' champion?:
    Massive long shot, but worth a quid e/w..... To win the Snooker World Championship. Jimmy White  750/1. He has still got to get through TWO qualifying games to get there, but tonight won 10 : 7 with a top break of 130. If any one needed their #onetime, it is the whirlwind!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    As much as I'd like to see it happen.... he didn't do it when he was top of his game :-(

Followed/supported him religiously from the 80s and it would be awesome to see him finally do it.

Who remembers sitting on CEEFAX page 350+ constantly refreshing for the frame score updates when the particular match wasn't being shown live on TV?

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Finally the 'peoples' champion?:
    In Response to Finally the 'peoples' champion? : As much as I'd like to see it happen.... he didn't do it when he was top of his game :-( Follow ed /supported him religiously from the 80s and it would be awesome to s ee him finally do it. Who remembers sitting on CEEFAX page 35 0 + constantly refreshing for the frame score updates when the p articular match wasn't being show n live on TV ?
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Not guilty of that. But do remember once watching Botham pile the runs on against the Aussies through a shop window on CEEFAX.
  • edited April 2013
    SCORE UPDATE: Jimmy White 3-0 Xiao Guodong - The Whirlwind rolling back the years here and makes a dream start by storming to the opening three frames!

SCORE UPDATE: Jimmy White 6-2 Xiao Guodong - The Whirlwind in full flow here as he establishes a commanding four-frame lead heading into the final frame of the opening session!
  • edited April 2013

The dream is still alive......

Jimmy White moves into the final qualifying round after a superb 10-4 victory over Xiao Guodong. Only Robert Milkins now stands in the way of 'The Whirlwind' and a fairytale Crucible return!

He is down to 400/1 now.
  • edited April 2013
    The dream is still alive...... Jimmy White moves into the final qualifying round after a superb 10-4 victory over Xiao Guodong. Only Robert Milkins now stands in the way of 'The Whirlwind' and a fairytale Crucible return! He is down to 400/1 now.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Go on The Max!!
  • edited April 2013

In his latest game......1st to ten frames.

Jimmy White wins the final frame to the session to give himself a fighting chance at 6-3 behind to Robert Milkins heading into tonight's conclusion!
  • edited April 2013

Oh well :(

The 2013 World Championship dream is all over for Jimmy White as he's beaten 10-5 by Robert Milkins in the final qualifying round
  • edited April 2013
    Oh well :( The 2013 World Championship dream is all over for Jimmy White as he's beaten 10-5 by Robert Milkins in the final qualifying round
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Never mind Alan... Always next year, though might need to win 4 times to qualify by then!!
  • edited April 2013

Are we converting this into the snooker thread for the next fortnight? :D

No Stephen Lee this year, but I'm still going to watch it anyway!

Traditional first round acca.

Ronnie
    Murphy
    Allen
    Stevens
    Ding
    Selby
    Robertson
    Lisowski

£8 @ 11.31/1 returns £98

Default play in the outright winner market is to go for the next fattest in the field.

Shaun Murphy, £5 @ 16/1
  • edited April 2013
    Are we converting this into the snooker thread for the next fortnight? :DNo Stephen Lee this year, but I'm still going to watch it anyway! Traditional first round acca. Ronnie Murphy Allen Stevens Ding Selby Robertson Lisowski £8 @ 11.31/1 returns £98 Default play in the outright winner market is to go for the next fattest in the field. Shaun Murphy, £5 @ 16/1
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hahaha, you really need to get over your Chunk fetish!

Moon Face doesn't stand a chance either.

I'm going for Ronnie not moaning at 8 billion to 1. It's a gamble.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Finally the 'peoples' champion? : Haha ha, you really need to get over your Chunk fetish! Moon Face doesn't stand a chance either. I'm going for Ronnie not moaning a t 8 billion to 1. It's a gamble.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    You've seen the size of his 1st round opponent right?

I just have, wow.

shud have backed him.

#Podge
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Finally the 'peoples' champion? : You've seen the size of his 1st round opponent right? I just have, wow. shud have backed him. #Podge
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    just bet on ronnie to win 1 st rd match @ 1/7 £70 to win £10  aaagh

(* *)
       £
    dev

wonderfull stuff!!!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Finally the 'peoples' champion? : You've seen the size of his 1st round opponent right? I just have, wow. shud have backed him. #Podge
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    No I haven't haha. Is he rotund?

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Finally the 'peoples' champion? : just bet on ronnie to win 1 st rd match @ 1/7 £70 to win £10  aaagh (* *)    £ dev wonderfull stuff!!!
    Posted by devonfish5
    GULP! :/
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Finally the 'peoples' champion? : No I haven't haha. Is he rotund?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    switch on bbc 2 to see
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Finally the 'peoples' champion? : switch on bbc 2 to see
    Posted by devonfish5
    BBC2 HD ;-D

He's nowhere near DOHHHHHHH's red-faced favourite - Chunk!

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Finally the 'peoples' champion? : GULP! :/
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    NO WORRIES  3-1 RONNIE   HOOOORAY

make that  7-2  wooohoooo
  • edited April 2013
    Lol see Dohhh got beat yesterday :) used to look like him didnt you...

I would have backed Robbertson or Ronnie from the off but Ronnie was too low, will put £10 on Robbo today maybe he has gone out a bit with Ronnie going through yesterday and playing well.

I think this will be one of the best crucibles ever, have been well looking forward to it!

Come on Ronnie
  • edited April 2013
    At least we're fairly safe to bet because DOH's fat mate isn't allowed to play ;-D

• edited April 2013
    ronnie 10 fat guy 4
    easiest £10 i've ever won

don't normally bet this amount for such a small return but felt ronnies b or c would be good enough against a guy that can only just bend down low enough to reach the table.

now all i want is John Higgins to win or reach the final as i've got him £10 e/w @ 11/1

'come on higgins'

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter:
    ronnie 10 fat guy 4 easiest £10 i've ever won don't normally bet this amount for such a small return but felt ronnies b or c would be good enough against a guy that can only just bend down low enough to reach the table. now all i want is John Higgins to win or reach the final as i've got him £10 e/w @ 11/1 'come on higgins' (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Bad bet imo devon, higgins had a poor season wouldnt suprise me if he went out early eg. 2nd round
  • edited April 2013

Am on Robertson to win the whole thing, some on with Ladbrokes who are money back in Ronnie wins

Best price i've seen though is Robertson to win his quarter, quarter 3. He's 6/5 and i really can't see anyone in there that can beat him over the longer match distance
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter:
    In Response to Re: Snooker World Championship *official thread* - for bets/tips/rub downs & banter : Bad bet imo devon, higgins had a poor season wouldnt suprise me if he went out early eg. 2nd round
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    yeah,knowing my luck he probably will...
    but 11/1 is great odds imo so we'll have to wait 'n' see
  • edited April 2013
    i love to see o sullivan win cant back him at 4/1 when hes only had 1 match a whole year hes just pure class greatest player ever to pick up a cue 

i backed robertson to win the china open at 8/1 massive odds im backing him for the worlds aswell got 7/1 hes such a gooooooooood match player very hard to beat