You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How 2 play 2 pair off the flop

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Any suggestions how 2 play your 2 pair off the flop e.g my hand king diamonds 10 spades flop comes j j 10 i am first 2 act 4 handed???

Comments

• edited December 2009
    looking forward to the answers to this, the jj on the flop would scare me if there were too many still in!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to How 2 play 2 pair off the flop:
    Any suggestions how 2 play your 2 pair off the flop e.g my hand king diamonds 10 spades flop comes j j 10 i am first 2 act 4 handed???
    Posted by millwise11
    You play it dependant on the many factors that you have to consider

generally, in my opinion, its better to check here and react to what happens.. because you are OOP in a multi way pot...

However, it is sometimes correct to bet out... it depends on the action preflop, your image, your opponants playing styles etc..

If you do bet out, sometimes on an agressive table you could simply be wasting chips... (although i wouldnt hesitate to bet out with the made trips on an agressive table from this postion... Also bet sizing is important. there is no point betting 20 into a 120 pot for example, it doesnt do anything.

Gl, sorry i cant be more specific, if you have the hand you are refering to put it on the stratgy section and im sure you will get some good advice from this community...
  • edited December 2009
    thanks 2 gregghog and tramshed 4 opinions cant believe first 2 r tottenham and chelsea fans im big millwall fan lol
  • edited December 2009
     I favour the check as well in this situation. The main thing to remember is that you have not hit 2 pair but have one pair on a paired board.

With 4 people seeing the flop and the fact that people like to play any high cards then you can safely assume that someone has flopped a very big draw, with KQ or Q9. Also though not likey there is the possibilty of someone holding a jack in which case you are drawing very thin indeed.

A check works well for me so you can see what happens after you and then you can decide what to do when someone bets out based on any reads you have on them