You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 Quick Questions For A Newbie :)

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
1. If i play satelites and win entry to a tournament can i unregister and recieve the cash back? (paying into the satelites with real money and not poker points btw)
2. 200% deposit bonus? how does this work because on the tv they say it like its credited straight away and when i deposited i recieved nothing, so is this just to make people sign up and deposit or do you get the 200% bonus and if so how do you activate it?

Thanks Adam.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to 2 Quick Questions For A Newbie :):
    1. If i play satelites and win entry to a tournament can i unregister and recieve the cash back? (paying into the satelites with real money and not poker points btw) 2. 200% deposit bonus? how does this work because on the tv they say it like its credited straight away and when i deposited i recieved nothing, so is this just to make people sign up and deposit or do you get the 200% bonus and if so how do you activate it? Thanks Adam.
    Posted by Four2Flush
    1) No. But if you register for the target tournament beforehand and then satellite into the same tournament, you will receive the cash equivalent straight to your account, and then you can deregister from the target tournament because you bought in yourself earlier.

2) As far as I'm aware, you activate your 200% deposit bonus gradually by earning poker points. The more poker points you earn the more of your bonus is credited to your account. That's how it usually works anyway. It should be made clearer if people aren't understanding it. Also, don't forget to "opt in" to the cash for points promotion in the promotions page to enable you to receive a monthly cash bonus.
  • edited April 2013
    1. no is direct answer to your question but there is a way around about it. if you buyin direct to the target tourney first before winning your seat by a sat then the sat will payout a cash equivalent, you can now dereg from target tourney if you so wish and get your buyin back as well. should you sat direct in and then try to de reg you will lose the stake as it was a prize token effectively that you entered on, its a loophole and some might put it in better terms than me.

2. as far as im aware its only the £10 worth of tourny tokens thats in you account straight away, to clear the 200% part you have to play and accrue points. this bonus is released in £10 installments for every 500 points gained and credited within 72 hours of doing so. heres the copy and paste from the terms and conditions.

200% first deposit bonus1. Your maximum eligible bonus amount will be determined on your 1st successful deposit only. Further deposits made will not count towards determining your bonus amount.2. Your bonus will be released £10 at a time. Each time you earn 500 poker points, £10 will be credited to your account within 72 hours of reaching the 500 point threshold3. The maximum bonus amount that can be earned as part of this offer is £500 for a 1st deposit of £250 or more and earning 25000 poker points in the promotional period.4. Your bonus will be added to your cash balance but will be non-withdrawable. You must play through the bonus amount once before it can be withdrawn5. Poker Points are awarded for all types of Poker play on our real money tables whether it be Cash Tables, Sit n Go's and Multi Table Tournaments. Click hereto learn about earning poker points.6. You will receive a weekly email providing details of the progress you have made in releasing your bonus7. New customers will have 30 days from the date of registration to claim all of their bonus entitlement8. The 500 poker points awarded on registration do not count towards the earning requirements of this promotion.£10 Completely Free1. You can use your £10 on scheduled tournaments and Sit n Go's only.2. Your free bonus will be credited as 2 x £2.20 tokens and 2 x £3.30 tokens.3. You may combine these tokens to enter a tournament of higher value. For example, you could enter a tournament with a £5.50 buy in by combining the £2.20 and £3.30 tokens. 4. Tournament tokens are non-withdrawable 
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks for that percival, and i think they do need to make it clearer, other sites tell you that you need to earn X amount of poker points to activate X amount of cash but here it just says 200% deposit bonus and this needs addressing tbh.
  • edited April 2013
    Ok i see tintin i didnt read the TOS i seen the tv show and they said 200% no deposit bonus nothing about poker points so thought id ask so cheers for the help guys :)
  • edited April 2013
    Basically every 500 points you earn they will credit you with £10 within 72 hours of you reaching every 500points mark