You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ABC Poker

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Nothing beats playing solid, sensible poker. Had been doing ok'ish for a while, mixed results. started playing the cash tables and got it all wrong playing way too loose!! Anyway down to my last £1 in my account thought ok lets play real tight solid poker. Took my £1 to the tables, 10 mins later its up to £5, thought ok before i tilt again lets take a rest, left for 20 mins, went back with £2 and an hour later after playing real tight, only playing good hands and watching the board for poss drawers and only betting when i was sure i was ahead got it up to £11.50!!!!! sO NOW UP TO £13.50 enough to keep playing for a while!

time for another break.

By the way do you guys play the cash tables differently to tourneys?
Any advice welcome, I have noticed so many payers in the cash games will bet thier whole stack just cos they hold say K/Q or A/2 even when they have not connected with anything, WHY???

Comments

• edited December 2009
    that depends on the players at the the table if there tight  then i play loose   table loose then play tight  but with in 5 min of sitting down u can find out whos tight  loose and who the fish are
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to ABC Poker:
    Nothing beats playing solid, sensible poker. Had been doing ok'ish for a while, mixed results. started playing the cash tables and got it all wrong playing way too loose!! Anyway down to my last £1 in my account thought ok lets play real tight solid poker. Took my £1 to the tables, 10 mins later its up to £5, thought ok before i tilt again lets take a rest, left for 20 mins, went back with £2 and an hour later after playing real tight, only playing good hands and watching the board for poss drawers and only betting when i was sure i was ahead got it up to £11.50!!!!! sO NOW UP TO £13.50 enough to keep playing for a while! time for another break. By the way do you guys play the cash tables differently to tourneys? Any advice welcome, I have noticed so many payers in the cash games will bet thier whole stack just cos they hold say K/Q or A/2 even when they have not connected with anything, WHY???
    Posted by Tramshed
    I agree, but a bit of donking around and having fun (at the right managable stakes for your roll) doesnt hurt sometimes... and is essential to maintain interest and to confuse your opponants imo.

But playing solid ABC poker the vast majority of the time is a surefire way to never lose money at poker...

• edited December 2009
    ABC poker ftw... you just have to remember if your playing against poor players you are unlikely to get them to fold a pair, therefore the value of your starting hands changes... semi bluffs are less effective so 9Ts becomes a less playable hand.
  • edited December 2009
    I pretty much play ABC in all games (unless I go crazy and play the velocity or some rubbish like that). The tourneys I play on here are the deepstacks so are very similar to cash anyway as your playing low stakes/chipstack ratio. Just play to how you feel comfortable, I prefer to just play when I know/90% sure im ahead, makes it alot easier and people are always willing to put money in the middle for you. Makes the varience alot lower than keep shoving all the time, although you don't win alot quickly, you dont lose it quickly either.