You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New points system

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
I noticed there will be a new points system as of 1st may.
I've not been around for a while and was wondering if there is anything I can do with my poker points apart from 50 or 75 point buyin mtts.
I'm not having a moan or anything as I know this used to be addressed regularly. Just wanted to know if anything had changed regarding this.
I have about 20k in points, are there any high points buyin mtts around?
Also, as of 1st may, will those points be void, and if so, will there be any mtts put on towards the end of the month so people can use them up?
I know this must have been asked before but I had a look around and couldn't find anything.

I've also heard rumours that there is some new software on the way. If true, where can I read up about it. Again I've had a look around but can't find anything.
I heard that 1 feature would be resizable tables. Does anyone know if you'll be able to get them smaller than the current mini view size

Cheers

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Hi Mahoney,

I saw the new software at the last SPT, and saw it running with live games on the site. I haven't seen it all yet but know it has re-sizeable tables (slightly smaller than mini view IIRC) which still also fit in a chatbox. There are new avatars and I believe auto-top up will be included in this.

Also I saw you mention it on your other thread, the new software doesn't use flash anymore so should be much 'lighter' to run, which means you should be able to run a lot more tables without lag/slowdown.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: New points system:
    Hi Mahoney, I saw the new software at the last SPT, and saw it running with live games on the site. I haven't seen it all yet but know it has re-sizeable tables (slightly smaller than mini view IIRC) which still also fit in a chatbox. There are new avatars and I believe auto-top up will be included in this. Also I saw you mention it on your other thread, the new software doesn't use flash anymore so should be much 'lighter' to run, which means you should be able to run a lot more tables without lag/slowdown.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Where the resizable tables on show that day the same as the full sized tables now but you could just make them smaller/bigger? i.e. you see avatars etc
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: New points system : Where the resizable tables on show that day the same as the full sized tables now but you could just make them smaller/bigger? i.e. you see avatars etc
    Posted by jdsallstar
    You can make them smaller and still retain the avatars etc but there is a cut-off point where if you go to a certain 'smallness' it reverts to a mini-view style view. Personally I think this is much better anyway, especially for MTTs so you can see all the relevant information in 1 place, how many runners are left, where you are in the tourney atm etc or in cash, having the top up buttons and the like all in 1 place rather than flicking to different tabs to get it.

If I remember rightly, you can probably go to something along the lines of 60% of the size of a table now before t reverts to mini view style mode.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: New points system : You can make them smaller and still retain the avatars etc but there is a cut-off point where if you go to a certain 'smallness' it reverts to a mini-view style view. Personally I think this is much better anyway, especially for MTTs so you can see all the relevant information in 1 place, how many runners are left, where you are in the tourney atm etc or in cash, having the top up buttons and the like all in 1 place rather than flicking to different tabs to get it. If I remember rightly, you can probably go to something along the lines of 60% of the size of a table now before t reverts to mini view style mode.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Sounds good! thanks.

All we need is sky to actually get it intalled/updated now!
  • edited April 2013
    Hi Mahoney, I saw the new software at the last SPT, and saw it running with live games on the site. I haven't seen it all yet but know it has re-sizeable tables (slightly smaller than mini view IIRC) which still also fit in a chatbox. There are new avatars and I believe auto-top up will be included in this. Also I saw you mention it on your other thread, the new software doesn't use flash anymore so should be much 'lighter' to run, which means you should be able to run a lot more tables without lag/slowdown.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Auto top up on cash tables is badly needed, i have found a decent spot right after losing a pot a good few times and have not won the max due to this not being available.

Do you know if auto rebuy & addon for mtts is going to be introduced aswell as this is another thing that would be usefull, i always seem to miss that small addon period which tilts me bad.
  • edited April 2013
    Cheers lambert,

Yeh, auto top up would be a godsend. I was using the download version when I commented on the lag in my other thread. I'm no techie but I thought it was just the web based version that used flash? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    This raises another question though, if there's no more flash, does this mean we will be able to play on iPads and iPhones?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: New points system : Auto top up on cash tables is badly needed, i have found a decent spot right after losing a pot a good few times and have not won the max due to this not being available. Do you know if auto rebuy & addon for mtts is going to be introduced aswell as this is another thing that would be usefull, i always seem to miss that small addon period which tilts me bad.
    Posted by foldUfairy
    Always when uyou lose a hand and have 1BB left you find aces lol. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: New points system : Always when uyou lose a hand and have 1BB left you find aces lol. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Haha yeah, so tilting.