You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shall we just 5 bet fold KK

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I dont think im folding. Can we ever 5b fold? 

Comments

• edited April 2013

Just a thought.......

Think we can narrow down oppo's 6 bet range )
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    rancid Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £44.98
    charsnow Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £7.48
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

LV3DAGIFT Call   £0.30 £0.75 £15.60
    X Raise   £1.20 £1.95 £47.81
    Robbie16 Call   £1.20 £3.15 £34.92
    NemesisN1 Call   £1.20 £4.35 £67.78
    rancid Raise   £4.65 £9.00 £40.33
    charsnow Fold        
    LV3DAGIFT Fold        
    X Raise   £7.20 £16.20 £40.61
    Robbie16 Fold        
    NemesisN1 Fold        
    rancid Raise   £10.80 £27.00 £29.53
    X All-in   £40.61 £67.61 £0.00
    rancid
  • edited April 2013
    Its a tough one ive seen people 6 bet with AK or QQ so imo im calling this and getting ready to reload
  • edited April 2013
    You shouldn't even 5 bet if you were folding to the shove.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Shall we just 5 bet fold KK:
    You shouldn't even 5 bet if you were folding to the shove.
    Posted by NColley
    yeah - do I 5 bet small to unduce shove or flat 4 bet to keep range wider
    How do we view oppo 4 bet size

fact that I consider 5 bet folding is purely because I'am thinking it actually narrows oppo 6 bet range ....espcially if oppo range is QQ+...think a fold is good given what I have to call...

does anyone 6 bet less than QQ on Sky :S Even the most lag of regs would struggle to 6 bet QQ in this spot )

• edited April 2013
    Pretty disgusting getting 6bet on Sky w/ KK tbh lol but yeh I'm 5betting to GII.

Were you expecting him to flat a 5b w/ AK/QQ or just fold? If folding, then you're 5b bluffing innit

Not sure many will flat 5bets at this level
  • edited April 2013
    Pretty disgusting getting 6bet on Sky w/ KK tbh lol but yeh I'm 5betting to GII. Were you expecting him to flat a 5b w/ AK/QQ or just fold? If folding, then you're 5b bluffing innit Not sure many will flat 5bets at this level
    Posted by Lambert180
    Ya, strange situation - suppose it can boil down to what we think about oppo 4 bet size and how often this is going to be a bluff or worse that they continue with

IDK it's all a bit yucky to think about flatting the 4 bet but due to sizing think it's doable

Even though I am not 5 bet bluffing, still think it's +EV to now fold to the 6 bet - flames !!!
  • edited April 2013
    Villains 4 bet isn't all that big so maybe peel 4bet with a few combos of AA/KK, all combos of QQ/JJ/AKs. 5bet call the other combos of AA/KK. 

• edited April 2013
    peel 4bet

folding is never +ev fwiw
  • edited April 2013
    peel 4bet folding is never +ev fwiw
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    I should proabably concede to your superior knowledge but my thinking was that calling the 6 bet shove versus an assigned NARROW range of QQ+ would be slightly -EV and verus range of AA/KK it would be terribly -EV

Still feel peeling 4 bet's is not great, allthough we are not 100bb deep I take your point onboard that it's better than 5 bet folding
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Shall we just 5 bet fold KK : I should proabably concede to your superior knowledge but my thinking was that calling the 6 bet shove versus an assigned NARROW range of QQ+ would be slightly -EV and verus range of AA/KK it would be terribly -EV Still feel peeling 4 bet's is not great, allthough we are not 100bb deep I take your point onboard that it's better than 5 bet folding
    Posted by rancid
    we're getting over 2/1 with kk, how is it slightly -ev vs QQ+? We have to call obv
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Shall we just 5 bet fold KK : we're getting over 2/1 with kk, how is it slightly -ev vs QQ+? We have to call obv
    Posted by percival09
    Let's even say range is QQ/KK/AA so we like -£1 EV or something or lets say we even flipping at best
    worse is AA/KK which is -EV by a way

don't think my EV calc is out but I stand corrected if someone wants to show it here

was is it 29.81 to win 27 <----------unless I have this bit wroung :S

• edited April 2013
    5 bet folding kk would be a massive leak this is crazy. As Ncolley says why you 5 betting if your folding to the shove never ever folding
  • edited April 2013
    5 bet folding kk would be a massive leak this is crazy. As Ncolley says why you 5 betting if your folding to the shove never ever folding
    Posted by bearlyther

Is it really though, far enough questioning why 5 bet if I am going to fold :S Does seem a bit silly )

If we say oppo 4 range is wider than 6 bet range and 6 bet range is super narrow AA/KK then I must ask myself why do I 5 bet fold <---- kinda makes sense right

FWIW I never folded - but I suppose my question is "why should I peel 4 bet and not 5 bet if I think oppo 6 bet range is KK/AA"