You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestions for a new monitor?

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
I currently have dual monitors that i have connected to an old desktop. Both the monitors have low resolution and the old desktop just about allows me to play 6 tables, 4 on 1 monitor and 2 on another.

I would like to reduce this to just 1 monitor so i'd like some suggestions on a cheap monitor that will allow 6 tables in mini view with no overlap.
I know it's all about screen resolution with regards to the amount of tables a monitor can fit, but i'm not sure what the cheapest option is for my requirements.

Just to recap i don't need a 30" dell ultrasharp at the moment as that would be too much, just a screen that fits 6 sky tables in mini view comfortably with no overlap, thanks.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    A 24 inch will easily fit 6 x mini view. Wouldn't worry about resolution etc. all monitors you would get these days will work. You can get 8 on with really minimal overlap, as in, you can still see all hands and action tabs.
    You can pick them up pretty cheap
  • edited April 2013
    Resolution is what matters, not screen size.

I imagine pretty much anything could fit 6 tables on mini view.

FWIW, I play on a laptop (think it's only like 15" monitor), my resolution is 1366 x 768 and I can fit 6 tables on mini view with hardly any overlap

Sure Beaneh can give you a link to best value monitors but I'm sure most will do the job for you.
  • edited April 2013
    Just buy anything 23" or 24" from a known brand that has VGA and DVI input and a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Something like this for £99

http://www.ebuyer.com/432395-benq-gl2450e-led-monitor-24-1920-x-1080-fullhd-9h-l7ala-fpu

Or just walk into Curry's and pick up one from Samsung / LG / AOC / HP for about £120 off the shelf.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Suggestions for a new monitor?:
    Just buy anything 23" or 24" from a known brand that has VGA and DVI input and a resolution of 1920 x 1080. Something like this for £99 http://www.ebuyer.com/432395-benq-gl2450e-led-monitor-24-1920-x-1080-fullhd-9h-l7ala-fpu Or just walk into Curry's and pick up one from Samsung / LG / AOC / HP for about £120 off the shelf.
    Posted by Machka
    yeah that's decent for £99, cheaper than what i thought, mite just order that thanks.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeh, I stand corrected there. Just thought all modern monitors would have that resolution.

Question - I have a MacBook Pro 15", the model before retina. If I hook up a 24" monitor with the same res as in that link, will it fit more tables on or will it be the same, just with bigger tables?
    I'm rubbish at this tech stuff
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah if the resolution is the same, it'll fit the same number of tables but they'll be bigger.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Suggestions for a new monitor?:
    Yeh, I stand corrected there. Just thought all modern monitors would have that resolution. Question - I have a MacBook Pro 15", the model before retina. If I hook up a 24" monitor with the same res as in that link, will it fit more tables on or will it be the same, just with bigger tables? I'm rubbish at this tech stuff
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I don't know anything about Mac stuff but just checked a few and the 15" pre-retina displays all appeared to be 1440 x 900 resolution.

So buying an extenal monitor with a greater resolution than that (like the one above) will allow more tables.

Just make sure you get the adapter with the correct connections (the little white thing in the video) e.g. for the monitor above THIS ONE or THIS ONE from the same retailer as the monitor.

How to on setting it up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdMlnvG4z0g
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks for that people. I actually have a monitor somewhere so will fish it out and see if I can get it up and running, although, returning to the site, Im finding it slower, and it seems to be struggling with 6 tables sometimes.
    Possibly my connection as im living somewhere different now