You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I feel dirtier than a pot noodle horn

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Opponent is a reg - well i say reg seen them play all sorts of levels/. 

I havent personally played  with them alot, but ive never seen them get out of lne or make a move. 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DonttelmumSmall blind £0.10£0.10£40.23
The_Don90Big blind £0.20£0.30£25.47
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

xRaise £0.60£0.90£38.53
BigHawk89Call £0.60£1.50£52.08
watchme60Fold    
Verbal_GymFold    
DonttelmumFold    
The_Don90Raise £1.60£3.10£23.87
xRaise £4.80£7.90£33.73
BigHawk89Fold    
The_Don90Fold

Comments

• edited April 2013
    personally im shovin all in and takin notes if he calls 
    maybe thats bad play but thats what id do
  • edited April 2013
    did someone mention horn :):):) i can play when the horn is ready xxxxx
  • edited April 2013
    ok,ok, i no i am a bad girl,just could not resist, the comment,sorry the don90 :):):)xxxx luv paige xxx
  • edited April 2013
    you just want people to think you are a NITTTTTTTTT
  • edited April 2013
    do you mean me
  • edited April 2013
    oops there,s a daft paige on the rise
  • edited April 2013
    It look's like a fold to me, players at this level don't usually 4bet light in this spot unless you squeeze alot.

Also i would make the 3bet bigger. ( between 2.20 and 2.60) :-)
  • edited April 2013
    Paige welcome to the clinic. :) 

In Response to Re: I feel dirtier than a pot noodle horn:
    you just want people to think you are a NITTTTTTTTT
    Posted by NColley
    I think this would be slightly impossible for me. 
  • edited April 2013
    3 bet bigger. 

as played i fold.  the 3bet can never ever be weak because of the bad sizing so the 4bet is likely to be very strong

unless you have a read i can only see your best case scenario being a flip and this deep i think there will be many better spots than this. 
  • edited April 2013
    Huuuuuuuuuuuuuume can you please explain this sizing issue. Ive tried to keep all my 3bs to the same size (1.80) allowing me to have bluffs and value hands in my range. Adding my 20p BB this = to 1.80 sizing. 
  • edited April 2013

in this spot your 3bet is just never a bluff.  oop against 2 players the raise isn't big enough and a high % of times here you will take the flop 3way oop.  you definitely know this so therefore you won't be 3betting any weak hands here.  if the opponent in the hand is a 'reg' they will be able to identify the narrow range with which you are 3betting and from this it looks likely that their 4bet will be a hand with an ever narrower range.

at 20nl you can almost never be squeezing the pot here (because people call wide esp in position) so your range is really easy to identify. because we can identify your range so easily i think it makes it a lot easier to identify villain's range.

i think in these spots you should be 3betting much bigger, esp multi way, and squeezing the dead money much more often.  in my experience you probably cant squeeze successfully with this size 3bet at nl20

• edited April 2013
    thanks huuuuuume. Will read that over a few times to make sure i take it all in. Good reasoning. 
  • edited April 2013
    thanks huuuuuume. Will read that over a few times to make sure i take it all in. Good reasoning. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    I would sueeze to £2 minimum here oop, up to £2.40 imo is decent sizing in this spot

Also if you think that there solid and don't really get out of line then i would let this one go and find a better spot aswell, the cold 4 bet just looks really strong here
  • edited April 2013
    I agree with everyone about the sizing of the 3 bet. You dont have to make your 3 bet exactly the same each time. if this was just the original raiser id still make it around 2-2.40 because you are OOP. Its like the plus 1 BB for each limper pre rule, the more callers pre flop the more you should make your 3bet.

As i was in the hand i know the opponent and i do think he is capable of 4 bet bluffing here but it is pretty unlikely. If youre not willing to get AK in pre here you could just flat and take a flop with a very strong hand which is well hidden.
  • edited April 2013
    i would fold here to a 4 bet out of position never a gd idea its either a 5 bet n play for stacks or fold call is not an option imo
  • edited April 2013
    Huuuuuuuuuuuuuume can you please explain this sizing issue. Ive tried to keep all my 3bs to the same size (1.80) allowing me to have bluffs and value hands in my range. Adding my 20p BB this = to 1.80 sizing. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi Don,

you can still be consistent with your betting whether bluff or not, but have some variety based on if oop and if multi-way. In both those case you can (should?) make it bigger, and here you have both.
  • edited April 2013
    Paige welcome to the clinic. :)  In Response to Re: I feel dirtier than a pot noodle horn : I think this would be slightly impossible for me. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    I've heard that somewhere before! :-)
  • edited April 2013
    wrong type of clinic?