You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MASTER CASH - Make Your Play TWO

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

£3 £6 again.

Button is Seat Two.

Seat 1 = Hero (us). We have £1,390

Seat 6  = Villain. (booooo). She has £1,190.

Everyone else gets out of the way.

We have 5d-5c

Villain makes it £21 to play, we smooth.

The flop-tastic flop is.....

5h-9h-8c. Perfect. Almost.....

Villain leads out for £40.

We make it £130.

Villain re-raises to £350.

We CALL.

Turn = Ad.

So, it's 5h-9h-8c-Ad.

Villain moves all-in.

What we doing now?

a) Call

b) Fold

And WHY?

Vote now, please.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Call.  By flatting her 3bet OTF we disguise how massive our hand is here. Given flop action she easily plays JJ/QQ/KK like this as the A is a blank really.

As before we're only behind to 99/88/AA/76, giving us 5th nuts.

• edited December 2009
    Im thinking 2 pair 89, or A8, or A9, I call
  • edited December 2009
    cant see any of those hands bazza because of raise pre flop, but it is an instant call if not push all in, to be honest villain could easily have bigger set but you cant fold in that situation, especially as its much more likely villain has /jj/qq/kk/aa

if hes got bigger set hold your hands up and say well played, its a cooler, but you gotta play a set on that board imo
  • edited December 2009

This again is a simple decision, I call! The flat call on the flop has induced the panic shove, as my oponent is out of position and really has no idea where he/she is at. If they have turned a set of aces, then thats just tuff for not playing the flop faster. Just as easy if not easier than the first one, Call ASAP!

DOHH

• edited December 2009
    am folding am thinking he hit tow pair or the str8
  • edited December 2009
    Ok,

I voted fold, and i might be alone here..

I put the villian on a better set... might even be AAA. (this is what im most scared of) And the flopped str8 is also very scary.

The Villan usually has to have an over pair, the made str8, or a set from the flop betting imo. So why cant the overpair be AA? Surely madness to shove on the turn without an absolute monster that is crushing us.. I think the villain thinks we have a hand that we can call with and pay them off...
  • edited December 2009
    call and make quads on the river
  • edited December 2009
    very similar to the first one but this time im folding. I only have bottom set and i've not got any table history/image to go on. This time the villain has his chips in first and i've not committed too high a percentage of my own

Gimme a hug
  • edited December 2009
    I call.
    I'm an optimist and I put my opponent on AhKh.
    We're getting 2/1 on our money and I think that it's definitely +EV to call against our opponent's range.
  • edited December 2009
    I would fold.
    You were re-raised after the flop indicating that they have a big hand and after the A on the turn, they go all-in. I am thinking that they have pocket A's and I am out of there.
  • edited December 2009
    Im calling but really not liking it.  I have a strong feeling that villain has flopped a straight and thinks we're flushing.  If Im calling Im thinking i may need river help to get full house.  Again though. thats worse case scenario (along with higher set) and unless i have a seriously strong read on my opponent I cannot lay down here.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi
    Assuming this is the same game then i would fold, why well in this case he is showing strength in bettting the reraising, most TAGs would not do that without the goods, and his ranges of hands would give me enough reasons to fold. However there could be a reasonable shout for a re re raise, as this could be a bit cheaper in the long run, as if he called this or pushed then it would show that he DID have the goods.
    I still think the fold is correct as i think the rest of my stack would be on the line on the river. Live to fight another day, may be wrong but hey ho.
    col
  • edited December 2009
    Ummm I think I fold on this one! It smacks of a higher set and I would prefer to get my money in first rather than calling! maybe wrong but with no player information I let it go and find a better better spot.
  • edited December 2009
    a reluctant call
  • edited December 2009
    hi
    lol at the moment the way my luck is going, no matter what way i go it will go against me. call & im beat, fold & i bluffed.
    xx
  • edited December 2009
    Im calling but not overly happy about it, im not to worried about 67 for the straight.  She may have a better set but ours is such a strong hand i wouldnt be able to put it down.