You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Would you call or fold here?

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I'm talking about the river, but would you fold at any other point? Or are you going all the way with this hand?

Reads, i had a note on opponent just saying that he was overly aggressive. That was about it, and it was only the 3rd hand after sitting down at the table.
Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £10.46
shah11 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £6.03
  Your hole cards

nick2612 Fold     
saddler Fold     
LARSON7 Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £6.04
Raise  £0.56 £0.92 £9.90
shah11 Fold     
LARSON7 Call  £0.36 £1.28 £5.68
Flop

Bet  £0.70 £1.98 £9.20
LARSON7 Call  £0.70 £2.68 £4.98
Turn

Bet  £1.40 £4.08 £7.80
LARSON7 Call  £1.40 £5.48 £3.58
River

xAll-in  £7.80

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Do you know what he's overly aggressive with though? If he just super aggressive with draws or OPs or have you seen him do it with junk?

I think you're gonna be beat here alot. Even aggro people @ 8NL won't often be 3barrelling with worse than 8s here, especially on a really blank runout.

You should be sat with 100xBB because of situations like this. If I call the 3bet pre, it's pretty much to set-mine and so when we're set mining, we wanna be able to win 100xBB when we hit, not 75xBB.

They say when you set-mine you wanna be able to win 20x what you have to put in. You're having to put in 36p so need to be able to win £7.20 but can't because you only have £5.50 behind.
  • edited April 2013
    Argh, i just posted an answer and it disapeared haha

Opponents 3 betting range is massive, including any 2 face paint cards. He tends to overbet his hand to their actual strength.

On the flop, i'm not to worried he could have 2 diamonds tho its unlikely. Only hands that are really beating me are A 10, K 10 possible??, 99s or better.

It's quite a dry board and his bet just looks like a continuation bet.

On the turn - total blank -he either has one of the hands above or it's a bluff. I'm ahead here enough of the time against his range to make the call.

The river is another blank, I dont want to see a J-Ace on the river.

When he put me all in, the whole hand didn't feel right, i thought about it for a bit and called cause i thought i was good. 
  • edited April 2013
    Hi Larson,

I agree with your reasoning totally and his bet sizing is weak looking so he either has you well beaten or he had a FD and missed. I know so many opponents who do just this so it would be very interesting to know what he had but as you said, against his range as youve implied you are ahead here enough times to justify the call. Your never going to be right 100% of the time but enough to be profitable i'm sure.
  • edited April 2013
    I thought he had AK, I made the call. Something wasnt right with his bet sizing.

He had AQ.