You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

villian weak bets and i hold a weak straight could i risk a jam?

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic

don't know much about this villian other than he is probably another who does weak bets.
i did a rasie on the turn and he doesn't reraise so i am still unsure weather he has a weak pair or is hiding a monster.
is the raise right and then when he min raises again should i jame or is that too much of a risk.

TINTIN Sit out     
xkjaguar8 Sit out     
xSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.69
craigcu12 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.68
 Your hole cards

jodierub26 Fold     
xCall  £0.02 £0.08 £2.67
craigcu12 Check     
Flop

xCheck     
craigcu12 Check     
Turn

xBet  £0.04 £0.12 £2.63
craigcu12 Raise  £0.12 £0.24 £4.56
xCall  £0.08 £0.32 £2.55
River

• A

xBet  £0.16 £0.48 £2.39
craigcu12 Raise  £0.64 £1.12 £3.92
xRaise  £0.96 £2.08 £1.43

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Well its a definite shove for me. You might be splitting some of the time, but you never know with these crazies ;)

We have the 3rd nuts here, with only 26 and 67 beating us, so I think its too tight to flat here. Whatever he shows, its worth a note. Doesnt matter if he shows 67, a set, or complete junk, whatever it is, you will know in future that he will make a tiny 3bet on the river with that type of hand.
  • edited April 2013
    i just flat the 3 bet on the river as i think we are splitting/behind way more than we are in front.

its an limped blind v blind pot and as they say dont go broke in a limped pot and all that. the 3 bet on the river at nl4 is almost always a very strong hand. i know some will over value 2 pair or sets here, tbh i dont think the villain has a set as i think there would be more action on turn its more likely 2 pair with the A if we are in front, but its one of the few times i reign in the agression just because of the betting on the river.  it really does look like a value raise with 67 or 62 the most likely.

if im in front after flat calling i shout at myself for being an idiot but i honestly believe its a split at best
  • edited April 2013

the thing that got me thinking he has not got a straight was the turn. when a villian does this sort of thing is he doing it because he thinks i will fold right away putting him on a straight or do they do it because they are too scared that a flush or FH could be hit on the river?
    i see it with premium pairs preflop, sets and weak flushes all kinds of monster hands doing it.