You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why?

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat

im currently 3 tabling cash and im really struggling.  I feel rush feel like i dont have realiable reads on opponents and i playing really loose, whats thismean, should i just go back to 2 tables.

I have to start upping the tables somwhere though dont i? but im playing disgracfully with 3 tables and im finding it so boring, just sitting there not really fully sure whats going on,

Comments

• edited April 2013
    if ya struggling and feelrushed and not getting reads go bkto 2 tables simples
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah if 3 tables really is too much then go back to 2 for a bit. One thing I find, is it's so much harder when some of the tables are shorter handed.

Why are you playing really loose though? Generally when people up the tables, the natural reaction is to play tighter because you have less time and good hands come along quicker. If you're struggling just stick to tight ABC poker for a little bit, chances are with only 3 tables, youll probably only have like 1 playable hand per 5 minutes so you should still be able to focus on the hand in play.
  • edited April 2013
    yeah but if i go back to 2 how do i ever improve on the tables im playing, ill always be stuck around the same number i want to try and make some progress.

I dont even know i thought that aswell, how do u get as good a reads tho? i find it impossiable plus i dont even have time to look at hand historys or anything
  • edited April 2013
    alot of good players cant multitable   im sure andrew1947 cnt multitable whenever i see carlo online he only plays 2 tables tbh i can only play 4 tables max or i feel rushed i prefer 2 tables as i dont like to play in mini view i play better in standard view as i concentrate more 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Why?:
    yeah but if i go back to 2 how do i ever improve on the tables im playing, ill always be stuck around the same number i want to try and make some progress. I dont even know i thought that aswell, how do u get as good a reads tho? i find it impossiable plus i dont even have time to look at hand historys or anything
    Posted by robbie1992
    Make a note of interesting hand IDs and go through them when you've finished your session. They'll never be enough time to multi table and do any meaningful analysis of your play. You should be able to make a few quick notes on players though.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah idcu I might just stick to 2, it's annoying tho cause u just are keeping at the same standard and not improving. Oh really I thought Andrew played more then that, he had got on the final table of mini and main last week I see a post for it.

Yes I look at hand history's after everyday anyway, just no point looking back and saying I knew that was wrong but I was running out of time lol surprised it felt so much more rushed for just one table
  • edited April 2013
    just keep playin the 2 tables the now robbie maybe just not ready atm to move to 3 but you will know when to add another table back when you are playing 2 tables and be sittin goin this is taking ages to next hand lol.

also usually you will have some reads on the players at your specific level before you start your session so you will know how some players play and who are the good/bad regs etc.Also another thing to do is just start your session with 2 tables and say 20-30 mins it it and you feel comfortable and know what style the players are playin just add another table then see how u get on.

but yeah wait till 2 is walk in park then add the other don`t rush it m8 no need.

gl at tables.
  • edited April 2013
    Don't ever feel pressured to play more tables than you are comfortable with.
  • edited April 2013
    You could open up a free cash table as your 3rd table, until you feel more comfortable playing 3 
    just a thought.

Regards Alan
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks for all the responses.  Made me realise it isnt a must for everyone to try to get to alot of tables, seeing as im struggling atm with 3 its pointless to keep playing 3, i was winning with 2 so i think ill stay there and maybe add one after an hour of playing if i feel comfortable... thanks for all the advice everyone.