You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PLayer "a" is an unknown never done anything to convince me hes any good. 

Player "x" is a strong reg.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
aSmall blind £0.10£0.10£20.87
xBig blind £0.20£0.30£40.79
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

The_Don90Raise £0.60£0.90£44.66
ulsterfr30Fold    
aCall £0.50£1.40£20.37
xRaise £2.20£3.60£38.59
The_Don90Call £1.80£5.40£42.86
aCall £1.80£7.20£18.57
Flop

• A

aBet £7.20£14.40£11.37
xCall £7.20£21.60£31.39
The_Don90Call £7.20£28.80£35.66
Turn

aAll-in £11.37£40.17£0.00
xAll-in £31.39£71.56£0.00
The_Don90

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Call imo. Dont think hes 3betting any hand that has made a set (except AA) or 2pr. It might be sick and he has the other 2 aces but otherwise I think you chop and split the spoils with x at worst.

Dont think you can call the flop to fold a 4 on the turn. Him donking full pot and someone flatting is pretty scary on the flop, but if youre gonna call that w/ TPTK, then dont see you can fold that turn.

That said, I 4bet pre
  • edited April 2013
    Think I'm folding here I'd be pretty worried about x having a set if he is a strong reg and he has you to left behind him I doubt he's shoving one pair often here obvious that you always have a hand when your over calling a pot bet on flop in a 3 bet pot! Thinking x has 1010 or 88 here!
  • edited April 2013
    Paul the reason i  didnt 4bet pre is i dont think im in great shape if 200BB goes in pre. (can villian get 200BB in with QQ? im not convinced) therefore i opted to peel instead of 4b fold. 
  • edited April 2013
    I completely agree that against most people if you get 200xBB in pre with AKs then you're gonna be in big trouble more often than not. But there's a big difference between 4betting to £5-£6 and getting £40 in the middle.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action:
    I completely agree that against most people if you get 200xBB in pre with AKs then you're gonna be in big trouble more often than not. But there's a big difference between 4betting to £5-£6 and getting £40 in the middle.
    Posted by Lambert180
    all 4 betting in this spot will do is squeeze the fish out (who don says is not very good) and isolate ourselves vs the reg.. 
  • edited April 2013
    i dont think your ever good here against 2 opponents its a fold.  What sort of range would they haveof hands staking off on that board that your beating, all worse ax hands.... thats too optimistic
  • edited April 2013
    A weak player might stack off with AQ?
  • edited April 2013
    raise flop once you call pre
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action:
    i dont think your ever good here against 2 opponents its a fold.  What sort of range would they haveof hands staking off on that board that your beating, all worse ax hands.... thats too optimistic
    Posted by robbie1992
    well i dont think they 3b 88 and they dont have 44 after flop not that i think they 3b that either. i also dont think they 3b TT alot of the time in this kinda spot. I also think AT/A8 is ulnlikley, AQ/AK is possible and theres only a single combo of AA. If is AK and we're splitting the max rake is £1.80 and we've put in a tenner already. Therefore i think its +EV to split? Expessially given the weaker player in the hand, who i dont think has us beat ever in this spot. 
  • edited April 2013
    raise flop once you call pre
    Posted by beaneh
    What does raising flop achieve beaneh? 
  • edited April 2013
    shove pre/fold flop
  • edited April 2013
    Shove over a 3bet with AKs for 200xBB effective?
  • edited April 2013
    why do you call verus 2

fold or raise flop

if your calling flop then don't fold turn - turn card changes nothing
    u peel pre for what reason, if you don't know why your peeling pre then don't do it

u want oppo stacking off AQ/AJ

oppo is 3 betting a UTG open and a call, what is oppo's range

FWIW oppo flat on flop looks very strong, like a fold but because you underep your hand it's like sigh

could be set or 2 pr and u sigh because you don't 4 bet pre

• edited April 2013
    fold ya only outs are heartsssssss no 1 is doing this with less then 2 pair i think its a pretty easy fold tbh 
  • edited April 2013
    why do you call verus 2 fold or raise flop if your calling flop then don't fold turn - turn card changes nothing u peel pre for what reason, if you don't know why your peeling pre then don't do it u want oppo stacking off AQ/AJ oppo is 3 betting a UTG open and a call, what is oppo's range FWIW oppo flat on flop looks very strong, like a fold but because you underep your hand it's like sigh could be set or 2 pr and u sigh because you don't 4 bet pre
    Posted by rancid
    i already said why i didnt 4 bet pre  
  • edited April 2013
    Shove over a 3bet with AKs for 200xBB effective?
    Posted by Lambert180
    didnt look properly lol. Yeh its a toughy. probably cry fold flop. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action : What does raising flop achieve beaneh? 
    Posted by The_Don90

the pot gets bigger.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action : the pot gets bigger.
    Posted by beaneh
    lololol no way, i thourght raising made it smaller.

Mabye thats where I am going wrong...
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action : the pot gets bigger.
    Posted by beaneh
    Well i worked his out, but basically before we act theres £21 in the pot, £31 is the largest stack (exlucuding myself) so when we cann they have a tiny abit more than a PSB on the turn. Why do we need to make the pot bigger now - surely we want to keep their range as wide as possible?

Im not saying your wrong beaneh i just want to understand why you want to raise the flop
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action : Well i worked his out, but basically before we act theres £21 in the pot, £31 is the largest stack (exlucuding myself) so when we cann they have a tiny abit more than a PSB on the turn. Why do we need to make the pot bigger now - surely we want to keep their range as wide as possible? Im not saying your wrong beaneh i just want to understand why you want to raise the flop
    Posted by The_Don90

would rather overcall flop with TT/ than one pair.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action : would rather overcall flop with TT/ than one pair.
    Posted by beaneh
    Beaneh, please can we have a more than one sentence reply explaining your thoughts on this hand. Things in life have been tough lately and im finding it extremely hard to understand what the donkey your talking about.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action : Beaneh, please can we have a more than one sentence reply explaining your thoughts on this hand. Things in life have been tough lately and im finding it extremely hard to understand what the donkey your talking about.
    Posted by The_Don90

just put up the beaneh sign next time you're in a hand and i'll come over and play it for you?

i'm not advocating a bluff raise, therefore by a process of elimintation it's a value raise. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: AK, 3b pot TPTK 3 way facing action : just put up the beaneh sign next time you're in a hand and i'll come over and play it for you? i'm not advocating a bluff raise, therefore by a process of elimintation it's a value raise. 
    Posted by beaneh
    I know you where suggesting a value raise, and im not asking you to play hands for me.

im wanting u to explain why we should be value raising this spot.
  • edited April 2013
    think it's fine if we call turn. prefer flatting flop than raising