You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Past games you've played

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat

Have you played any other games before you played poker that either (a) got you into poker or (b) helped you with your poker game?

What game was it and how did it help your poker?

There are some famous exampes out there...

e.g. David Williams and 'Magic: the Gathering'

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Online 8ball pool for monies... this was like 2002-04... 

Sky should introduce this imo... if you look at the top ten games on miniclip dot com... tournement pool has been up there consistently for a long time. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Past games you've played:
    Online 8ball pool for monies... this was like 2002-04...  Sky should introduce this imo... if you look at the top ten games on miniclip dot com... tournement pool has been up there consistently for a long time. 
    Posted by TPTP123
    ha I actually used to play the same for money too!
  • edited April 2013
    3 Card brag, and would love it if a poker room would actually offer it.

Very simple to play, so cant imagine the coding would take much time relative to poker/omaha etc
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Past games you've played : ha I actually used to play the same for money too!
    Posted by scotty77
    lools.. wish i found poker than instead of pool.. i'd prob be playing midsteaks now if i did
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Past games you've played : lools.. wish i found poker than instead of pool.. i'd prob be playing midsteaks now if i did
    Posted by TPTP123

Sirloin or rump?
  • edited April 2013
    hi

dunno if it helped

but I played draughts for England when I was 13

few decades ago

but was fun
  • edited April 2013
    Hearts, 3 card brag. Basically every card game BUT poker! Lol
  • edited April 2013
    3 Card brag, and would love it if a poker room would actually offer it. Very simple to play, so cant imagine the coding would take much time relative to poker/omaha etc
    Posted by calcalfold
    DITO id love it plus 7 card brag, The youngins whoud'nt know what hit them .
    No waiting for a river..
  • edited April 2013
    I used to play a lot of chess. Similarities were pretty good in MTTs, where you're looking a little later down the line and trying to set up plays, much like how you'd try implement a strategic goal in chess.

I've played Magic The Gathering a bit as a youngster and also play a game called Dominion now. Both are essential deck building games where you want to know about your deck composition for 'outs' and % chances of drawing hands, etc.
  • edited April 2013
    Always been a family that played cards. Any birthday, party, gathering, the cards would come out. 7 card brag. Queenie. Chase the ace, you name it we've played it. And more often than not for money! When I was a young 'un, I used to clean my grandads house for a tenner, then run over to my grandmas and chuck it in the pot to play cards!