You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MASTER CASH - Make Your Play THREE

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

Deceptively simple this one - or is it?

Same e-addy -
skyopen@bskyb.com or Post on this Thread please.

£0.50 £1, full table.

We have only been here for one Orbit, but we think Villain is a bit of a loosey-goosey.

We are dealt Q-Q.

Villain UTG (£220) Raises £4 to £6.

Cut off (£167) Calls.

Button (£185) Calls.

Hero (you, playing £229 makes it £28 to go.)

Villain now makes it £72!

Everyone else folds sharpish, so it's back to you.

a) Fold

b) Call

c) Jam

Vote now, please.

And send in an e-Mail (addy above) OR Post on this Thread please. Best answers will be read out on the Show tonight.

MASTER CASH, 8pm - 11pm, Channel 865.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    This is a tough one.  Prob fold cos of stack sizes.  His 4bet size looks like one for value.  I also think that if he had AK he might flat call OOP.

I dunno, lot tougher than the other hands this week.  A lot will depend on history, and how loose he has been playing, and if he has been making plays that actually hvae a thought process behind it.

LAGs are usually more than aware of their image and I dont think he's gonna be 4beting light here also due to stack sizes, if he had a hand like 9Thh he would probably flat in position.  So its either AK or JJ or we are in big trouble........
  • edited December 2009

You state we have a read the opponent is loose. Unless I have notes from a previous session, I cannot use 1 round of blinds to trust this read. I fold, I've asked the question, and Ive got the answer. Not the one I wanted, but hes told me to go away. He has AA KK the other QQ, JJ or AK, the first 2 hands much more likely. That means 2 times Im miles behind, 1 time im winning, the other Im racing, and in the unlikely case he has QQ, we're splitting.

He also has no read on me, and he knows I have no info about him, so he could well be taking advantage of this by showing massive strength. Theres easier ways to make money at a cash table than this, so I fold, n move on!

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    Loosey, goosey could be pushing with anything, get em all in
  • edited December 2009
    am folding here  cause not got any info on him yet am thinking hes got aa kk or ak aq
  • edited December 2009
    i voted fold for exactly the same reasons as dooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i'm still £100 in profit and dont want to lose it all in a race or worse overpair.

gonna grind my way back

now gimme a hug
  • edited December 2009
     i would flat call then if the flop comes down low check raise all in . i know he is a loose player and could be playing ace rag plus would he jam it in if the other 2 only called his raise he must know they would fold to my raise and puts me on a pp so if he hits his ace /king he is probably good,if he has got AA/KK at least i have given myself a chance to escape
  • edited December 2009
    Point of clarification, please.
    Is this a 50/100 table (as stated) or 100/200 table (as implied by the statement "
    Raises £4 to £6").
    If it's 50/100 that's a hefty pre-flop raise and some interesting flat-calling!

Anyway, assuming that it is 100/200, I'm shoving against a LAG.
    Of course, he has exactly the same chance as anyone else of being dealt AA or KK but I'm putting him on AK or even a smaller pair.
    As a LAG he is over-valuing his hand and double-thinking that we are over-rating our hand since he knows that we know that he is a LAG and might be 3-betting him light.

• edited December 2009
    I am calling in this situation. He could have AA or KK but more likely to have AK.
    If the flop is low then I am jamming the lot in. If overcards come down then I shall re-assess after his turn.
  • edited December 2009
    2 clues here that he has AA / KK. UTG raise and then reraise to isolate. He doesnt want to play AA or KK in a multi way pot and he has shown his hands extreme strength on 2 different occasions preflop. FOLD.
  • edited December 2009
    I voted for call, id expect him to have AK so id like to see a flop and then decide what to do after that.
  • edited December 2009
    Very tricky this one but I call! Only AA & KK are beating me pre-flop and Mr Loosey-Goosey has a much bigger range of hands that he might re-raise with so it would be a bit paranoid to fold IMO!
  • edited December 2009
    my initial reaction, believe it or not, was get all my chips in.

maybe its the gambler in me and the fact that loosy goosy does not have to have KK or AA, a nice early double up wouldn't go amis.

It really does depend entirely on my read of the opponent. However, on balance i probably fold. However if ive had a few beers its an insta shove lol
  • edited December 2009
    Fold, show of strength from loosey goosey plus I always lose with Queens!

Ross
  • edited December 2009
    I think some % of the time he flats AA.

So if we say like,

16 combo's of AK, 6 JJ's, 1 QQ, 6 KK's, and we'll say 4.5 AA's.

poker stove is on my laptop and so maybe my math sucked but I got 47.1% equity against that range when I did the math, which seems about right.

But thats against his 4b range, not against his 5b shove calling range.

So its probably a fold this deep.

• edited December 2009
    Tough one.......could be an over pair or an under pair considering the big re-raise.Even though villian is playing loose would you really put in such a big raise with such a strong hand up against only one opponent? Equally, he maybe wants you to jam so that he can show his AA's or KK's on an all in.......very difficult.I would probably just call and see what the flop brings. I personally wouldn't play a A K that aggressively.....even in position!! I'd find it hard to believe hes got anything but a big PP no matter how loose he may be playing