You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 Turbo ME - Exit Hand

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I dunno if this is just standard, like individually each stage of the hand seems fairly standard but I'm just not sure.

I just flat pre here, sometimes I'll 3b, sometimes might even consider folding, but I flat here, think that's fine.

Could flat flop I guess but think I still get value from tons of draws and Tx hands and shouldn't be behind very often. I think c/r/folding this flop would be really bad cos he can still have loads of hands I beat (I think).

Did I put myself in a situation where I do have to get it in but maybe didn't need to put myself in that situation in the first place. I.E. can we ever donk flop or C/C or what?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Lambert180 Small blind   15.00 15.00 1680.00
riverrick Big blind   30.00 45.00 2365.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

paul428 Fold        
alexpm Raise   60.00 105.00 1750.00
Mizroe Fold        
subsnw Fold        
Lambert180 Call   45.00 150.00 1635.00
riverrick Call   30.00 180.00 2335.00
Flop

Lambert180 Check        
riverrick Check        
alexpm Bet   135.00 315.00 1615.00
Lambert180 Raise   299.00 614.00 1336.00
riverrick Fold        
alexpm All-in   1615.00 2229.00 0.00
Lambert180 All-in   1336.00 3565.00 0.00
alexpm Unmatched bet   115.00 3450.00 115.00
Lambert180 Show
  • A

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I think id be raise folding here
  • edited April 2013
    you could donk out - TPTK with draws to guard against - adds some variety
    c/r - your raise size is a bit weak - i would have made it nearer 400
    his shove would then indicate real strength, with a good drawing hand the worst you are likely to see - more likely overpairs or sets - and i think i'd then be able to find a fold
    and i know it's a turbo but you don't need to commit your stack so early in the tourny on what isn't a great hand
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah my raise size is on the wierd/funky/small side, I'd normally only go to about 320 though.

I just felt like it was so bad to raise/fold this flop here, I dunno.
  • edited April 2013
    I wouldn't call pre, I'd raise or fold.  Its a really difficult hand to play out of position if we call.  Having hit the flop I much prefer c/c with the intention of calling down or folding the turn (read dependant).

Edit: If we are on btn I prefer calling pre

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 Turbo ME - Exit Hand:
    I wouldn't call pre, I'd raise or fold.  Its a really difficult hand to play out of position if we call.  Having hit the flop I much prefer c/c with the intention of calling down or folding the turn (read dependant). Edit: If we are on btn I prefer calling pre
    Posted by Wilhelm
    dont like 3 betting at all here your turning your hand into a bluff and what are you hoping to achieve by 3 betting? You are just turning your hand into a bluff and inflating the pot oop when he calls.  Call flop aswell take it through the streets but you were raising flop for value so even tho your going to be crushed a lot of the time you have to get it in otherwise by raising flop you were bluffing.  Doesnt make much sense to raise flop and fold to his jam as that means we were bluffing on the flop.
  • edited April 2013
    Just play it passive 

Call pre is fine...

Just C/C flop then play it by ear. 

No real need to go broke at all.

• edited April 2013
    Cheers chaps.

He had AA obv :)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 Turbo ME - Exit Hand:
    In Response to Re: £11 Turbo ME - Exit Hand : dont like 3 betting at all here your turning your hand into a bluff and what are you hoping to achieve by 3 betting? You are just turning your hand into a bluff and inflating the pot oop when he calls.  Call flop aswell take it through the streets but you were raising flop for value so even tho your going to be crushed a lot of the time you have to get it in otherwise by raising flop you were bluffing.  Doesnt make much sense to raise flop and fold to his jam as that means we were bluffing on the flop.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Yes, you would be turning your hand into a bluff.  We can get him to fold now or we can get him to fold on later streets by taking the betting lead.  I would probably just fold though.  AT is really overrated imo.