You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Challenge 100 games at £2.25

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi All

After reading Lamberts and Larsons diary nearly everyday i am going to set myself a little
challenge. I have been playing for around 6 months now (not to great success). i have won a few tourneys at micro stakes. At the start i was entering everything BR management was terrible. But recently been doing little bit of research and reading bits and pieces on here. i am roughly Break even for the last couple of months.

I read John Connors blog about DYMs and this has really helped when playing these sort of games. i seem to win at these more often and at the moment enjoy them as at least i win a few times.

So my challenge is to play 100 2.25 DYMs in the next week or so. My aim will be to try and win at least 60%.

I will update everytime i play 5-10 games. I might post some hands and would love some feedback.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Nice idea mate, and Good Luck, but 100 games is not a big sample size. 

If you run bad u might not make 60%, if u run extra good u might smash it...

1k Games would be a more accurate reflection imo!- will even the varience

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge 100 games at £2.25:
    Nice idea mate, and Good Luck, but 100 games is not a big sample size.  If you run bad u might not make 60%, if u run extra good u might smash it... 1k Games would be a more accurate reflection imo!- will even the varience
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yeah Greg your probably right but will start with 100 if i was lucky enough to smash it i might move to the 3.30 ones, but one step at a time.
  • edited April 2013
    Played my first 8 games tonight. Didnt get off to the best of starts lost my first 2. Then ran a bit better and won 5 out of next 6.

So: -

8 games played
    5 wins

62.5% win rate

+ £2
  • edited April 2013

Well done mate, Brilliant start, i've started playing quite a lot of HU S n G's recently.

I might start up something similiar to see eaxctly how i'm doing in them. When i started i was winning well in excess of 50% (at £1 level), but this week it's been a bit different I either crush them or get destroyed. It's amazing the different standards you come across.

DYM at  this level, I'm sure you will do it mate. I just find with them it takes so long to geta  game over with (atleast 30 mins). When i started playing, this is the main game i played and always got scared on the bubble lol You've inspired me i'm off for a DYM game just now.

Last week i tried doing the 50p win, 1 win, and so on. I only got up 2 the £2 level haha

• edited April 2013
    u could play 100 games in a few days if u play 20 a day over a week would be 140 so id say do it for 500 games :) for a sample size
  • edited April 2013
    why not play the £3.30 games straight away,this will save you money in rake paid.
    and they are not really any harder imo.
    gl with this anyway mate.
    :)
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    why not play the £3.30 games straight away,this will save you money in rake paid. and they are not really any harder imo. gl with this anyway mate. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hi Dev

In the past i have tried the 3.30 games as you say not alot different. Want to play my 100 then hopefully move up. Going to try a few tonight.
  • edited April 2013
    Well done mate, Brilliant start, i've started playing quite a lot of HU S n G's recently. I might start up something similiar to see eaxctly how i'm doing in them. When i started i was winning well in excess of 50% (at £1 level), but this week it's been a bit different I either crush them or get destroyed. It's amazing the different standards you come across. DYM at  this level, I'm sure you will do it mate. I just find with them it takes so long to geta  game over with (atleast 30 mins). When i started playing, this is the main game i played and always got scared on the bubble lol You've inspired me i'm off for a DYM game just now. Last week i tried doing the 50p win, 1 win, and so on. I only got up 2 the £2 level haha
    Posted by LARSON7
    Hi Larson

A while back there i played the £1.05 HU Hypers and in 2 days went fron 3 quid in my account to £40. Then thought this is easy and started playing 2 and 3 quid ones BR went down pretty quick.

I have found when you hit the bubble you have to go for it and be aggro. If you are way in the lead no need then. But if you are 3rd or 4th you have to go for it and get your chips in.
  • edited April 2013
    Played 23 tonight lost 5 in a row. When short stacked i couldnt win a race at all. Ended up with 10 wins.

Actually a little pleased as didnt let the first couple annoy me and played well and ran well in the last few. Luck changed in my last game JJ verus KK i had Js and got the third J on Turn.

So: -

31 games played

15 wins

48.4% win rate

• edited April 2013
    Good luck mate with this one, those low stake dyms are tough to beat consistently, so often the best hand pre-flop goes all-in and gets beaten by worse.  Also the rake is a factor here, if you hit your 60% win rate I think you're making £15 profit and sky have taken £25.
    L
  • edited April 2013

Well last night lost my 1st 5 games in a row. Recovered a little then lost my last 2 games. played 25 won 11.

Two bad starts over the last 2 nights very hard to recover especially as the rake is quite high as well.

So overall

56 games played

26 wins

46.4% win rate

Ah well things can only get better

• edited April 2013
    Good luck mate with this one, those low stake dyms are tough to beat consistently, so often the best hand pre-flop goes all-in and gets beaten by worse.  Also the rake is a factor here, if you hit your 60% win rate I think you're making £15 profit and sky have taken £25. L
    Posted by lonesome
    Yea totally agree with you. I had a great run over the Easter hols and was winning over 70%. Then thought will try this hasnt gone well but it can still turn around.
  • edited April 2013
    Just after playing 6 games decided to go to 2 tables instead of 4. Think i played a lot better and won 4 out of 6. I can concentrate alot more playing 2 so might stick with that.

62 Games played

30 wins

48.4% win rate

One of the games was a little disappointed but overall played solid enough. Maybe play another 6 later.
  • edited April 2013
    quick update

78 played

37 wins

47.4% win rate

not going great 22 games left i think i need to win around 17 or so
  • edited April 2013
    Dude, decent sample size.

Perhaps cash is your thing? maybe try some 4nl
  • edited April 2013
    Dude, decent sample size. Perhaps cash is your thing? maybe try some 4nl
    Posted by calcalfold
    Unnecessary rubdown???

The sample is very small, by all means track but don't be disheartened if you don't finish where you wanted to after 100 games. More important than that is to consider whether you've got your game straight - are you consistently making the bubble, are the majority of your exits where stack vs blinds forced you in, are you getting it in good, have you managed to spot any traits in other players?

Easy to go on a downswing with the perfect game, and that can cause you to play sub-optimal if you question what you're doing and tilt. We've all been there. Best of luck.
  • edited April 2013
    Been getting 4th alot as first 2 levels play very tight and 1 or 2 get knocked out . Maybe i am playing too tight. This morning i lost a couple of all ins e.g. i was short 1000 chips A9 vrs Q10 and he rivered 10

Can anyone tell me how i can post hands

• edited April 2013
    Yes i know Gregghog and Donk have already said this.

I havent really post much on the forum so i was just setting myself a challenge northing more just a bita fun.

Previous to this i had been doing well at 2.25 DYMs up around 40 quid in a month. Just my luck i start a posting and i go on a downswing.
  • edited April 2013
    Can anyone tell me how i can post hands
    Posted by stuarty117
    In a browser go to My Sky Poker, Hand History, search by hand ID is easiest or search through your session. Open the hand highlight everything underneath the column headings and copy and paste directly into your message on the forum.
  • edited April 2013
    Hey good luck Stuart, have you learned anything from playing these 100 games?

Ger
  • edited April 2013
    Hey good luck Stuart, have you learned anything from playing these 100 games? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Hi there, havnt played all 100 yet, 2 sessions i have started losing 5 in a row in both other than that i think i have done ok.
  • edited April 2013

Awh ok. Send me a private message if your interested in any advice. However the reason I asked if you learned anything is because I believe the best way to learn is by teaching yourself instead of getting advice from others. However I can give you some simple but important pointers.  99% of my play is dym.

Ger

• edited April 2013
    A little bit better tonight, i really think 2 tabling suits me better played 10 and won 7 so not bad.

88 games played

44 wins

win rate 50%
  • edited April 2013
    Well done Stuarty, the thing is like people said, 100 probably isn't a great sample size due to variance. It's brilliant you normally make a profit from these, i think you said £40 quid a month.

Posting this up, helps keep you focussed. Once you've completed your 100 games, why don't you keep this running to track how your games are going?

Good luck mate
  • edited April 2013
    Played 7 DYMs tonight, not my night again see below
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    stuarty117 Small blind  300.00 300.00 1220.00
    nitroneil Big blind  600.00 900.00 1065.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q

shammy161 Fold     
    MATTV Call  600.00 1500.00 3910.00
    stuarty117 All-in  1220.00 2720.00 0.00
    nitroneil Fold     
    MATTV Call  920.00 3640.00 2990.00
    stuarty117 Show
    • K
    • Q

MATTV Show
    • J
    • Q

Flop

Turn

• J

River

MATTV Win Pair of Jacks 3640.00  6630.00
    won 1 lost 6 i bubble 4 times got it in good everytime

but i mustnt be all that bad got 2nd in the Freezeout, and should have won was big chip leader with three left and blew it lol.
    oryesor1860001£28.50
    stuarty11702£17.60
    so back to my DYMs

95 played

45 wins

win rate 47.4%

plus got into the mini tonite through a sat 1.10 buy in and took a head prize so got £1.88 for that came 132nd or something. So have to look at the positives as i am still up for the nite.