You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 nl fml what do we do here oop

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I raised to issolate the small stack the guy who raised me very solid player capable of moves im trying to avoid playing pots against him as i feel hes the strongest player on the table bumperbooSmall blind £0.25£0.25£22.79IDONKCALLUBig blind £0.50£0.75£99.42 Your hole cards54   zaynabFold    chefoRaise £1.00£1.75£64.09MD_575Call £1.00£2.75£382.10bumperbooCall £0.75£3.50£22.04IDONKCALLUCall £0.50£4.00£98.92Flop  854   bumperbooBet £2.00£6.00£20.04IDONKCALLURaise £6.50£12.50£92.42chefoFold    MD_575Raise £20.00£32.50£362.10

Comments

• edited April 2013
    so many turn cards for me aswell for villain to rep this is the kinda hand id like a timebank lol
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 50 nl fml what do we do here oop:
    so many turn cards for me aswell for villain to rep this is the kinda hand id like a timebank lol
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    100% insta fold for me.
  • edited April 2013
    What did bumperboo do? I'm assuming he folded to the flop 3-bet.

Is this chap the type to play his draws fast? If so, we can assume that he can have lots of drawing hands as well as 67, 88, 44, 55 and another 45 in this situation. Two-pair including an 8 is less likely, you would think. Obviously we know the locations of two of the 4's and two of the 5's, so those hands have to be less likely than the others. Is it possible he's overvaluing an overpair or just bluffing with air?

We have to think about our image at the table as well. If we've been playing really nitty and he still wants to 3-bet the flop, then semi-bluffs should be less likely. If we've been really laggy, then semi-bluffs are more likely.

So we're either a favourite against his draws and bluffs... or we're drawing nearly dead. lol

If he doesn't play his draws fast and he doesn't do much bluffing we can comfortably fold. Otherwise I think we should continue in the hand. I think we should call to see a turn, reassess, check and allow him to bet again. We're deep enough to do that and if he has a draw it's better to get it in on a blank turn than on the flop.

I think it's probably a hand you should put into pokerstove. Think about his range and see what your equity looks like. We're not an overwhelming favourite against two overs and a flush draw - something like 65% - and obviously way behind to the better made hands. It may be that we're actually a dog against his entire range but I don't have stove so I don't know. I've just written this on my perceptions that we're marginally favourite if he can have lots of flush draws.
  • edited April 2013
    i dont have stove either i just raised to iso the small stack as im happy to play him for stacks i just hate being out of position to a guy that 3 bets me in position for me theres a lot of turn cards i hat that he can so easily re so i have to sigh fold
  • edited April 2013
    I don't hate the fold. It's very player and situation dependent but there aren't that many hands that are actually beating us.

I think if we did call and the turn wasn't a heart or 8, then we'd probably be stacking off. If we're not sure on his range, then folding the flop is probably best.
  • edited April 2013
    get in, hold..
  • edited April 2013
    what did sb do?

Fold imo. I might flat the original bet, depends on table
  • edited April 2013
    sb folded  grantorino