You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MASTER CASH - Make Your Play - ONE

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

As usual, three Questions this week, & the best (or most original/unusual/interesting) replies will be read out on the Show tonight.

Reply on this thread please, or e-mail in, the E-addy as per, is 
skyopen@bskyb.com

The questions this week are pretty straightforward, by design, because we want YOU to do some work, so the essence of these is not so much WHAT you do, as WHY you do it.

Right here we go go go......

6 handed, £3 £6, & everyone else gets out of the way, so we play this one Heads Up.

We are Hero, we are loosey-goosey, & we've shown a big bluffarooney in this orbit already in an £800 pot. Villain is TAG (= Tight-Aggressive) but he has the ability to dance a bit.

Villain (playing £1,060) opens from HiJack to £24.

We are on the Button (£1,195 behind) with 2d-2h, & we flat it. (= Call). 

Here we go......

7h-2c-Jc

Villain leads for £36, & we pop it up to £115 with our flopped mini-set on a flushing floppy-woppy.

Villain gives it some dwellage, then Calls.

The turn is the 8d, so the flop & turn look like this now.....

7h-2c-Jc-8d

Villain checks, we make it £175, Villain very quickly re-pops it up to £470, ooh-er.

So......

a) Fold?

b) Call?

c) Jam?

Please use the Voting Options.

Vote now, but we'd like your reasoning - that's more important.

TY TY TY.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    jam,i am quite confident i am ahead here and think my opponent is bluffing or has an over pair to the board.
  • edited December 2009
    OK, toughie this...

Due to our image i think the opponant could be trying a move here to take the pot down on the turn. (possibly a semi bluff)

However, we still have a very strong hand on this board. so we have to jam it in and hope that he didnt flop a higher set (or turn it)  910 is v unlikely, but we cant rule it out...

On balance its a shove!

• edited December 2009
    Have to jam here. Admittedly he may have a bigger set, but that's all I'm worried about - and if he has, then that's just unlucky - I'm not folding a set on this board, where he can't have a flush and won't have the straight - calling is a no, no imo - if a third club or a 9/10 come down on the river, my hand suddenly becomes almost worthless.
  • edited December 2009
    Get em in the middle, were good here, and even if we wernt, we still get a re draw
  • edited December 2009
    Jam.  We have 5th nutz.  If he does have the straight then we have the redraw.

With our image there is no way you can fold this hand.  You play LAG and show bluffs in order to get action when you flop big.  And a flopped set is about as big as it gets in NLHE.
  • edited December 2009

Absolutely no thinking involved here at all, I snap fold! Only Joking. Call as fast as I possibly can, the only thing Im worried about here is my internet or site going down! Im jamming all day long, if he's got me beat its hard lines. If I;m playing 22, flop a 2, then fold, then I shouldn't be playing 22!!

Easiest answer yet, JAM!

DOHH

• edited December 2009
    jam all day long u have hit your set u was playing for
  • edited December 2009
    FOLD, the guy has hit his straight and i fully believe him with that raise, fair enough you might hit your f/h on the river but with that bet i am 80% certain he as hit his straight, fold it and move on in my opinion, i'm not sure if i could fold in the same situation but looking from the outside in i think its a fold
  • edited December 2009
    call,  he isnt really representing much, we dont really have to protect against any draws. He might shove a lot of worse hands on river or might check call a lot lighter if he puts us on a missed draw and we bet river.
  • edited December 2009
    i'm jamming on this occassion due to my table-image. I'm 90% sure im ahead. The worrying thing is though , the villain has already put £610 into this pot, I'm almost certainly getting called. villain is bound to have some outs

I suffer mild heart-attack and wonder why on earth im playing at this level!!!!

Gimme a hug
  • edited December 2009
    We stick the lot in here.
    The opponent almost certainly isn't bluffing with complete air but we can't fold a set given our recent history.
    Our opponent has reason to think that we aren't as strong as a set so he could easily make this move with a strong-ish hand that we are beating. He is pot committed as he has put almost 2/3 of his stack in the pot already so there is no point in just calling.
    If we are behind on that board, we are just unlucky.
  • edited December 2009

Judging by the paucity of the replies, I'm guessing that JaegerPlop & MereDonkey are both Orford-ites.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: MASTER CASH - Make Your Play - ONE:
    Judging by the paucity of the replies, I'm guessing that JaegerPlop & MereDonkey are both Orford-ites.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Definition of "Paucity": smallness of quantity; scarcity; scantiness

We've posted one each - how many do you want???
  • edited December 2009

Well one is one more than victories Orford can lay claim to, so I'll settle for that.

PS - Will reply to your PM's soonest, I've not forgotten, it just slipped my memory.
  • edited December 2009
    I HAVE to do a Bob Marley here and go Jamming.  If he has an overset then so be it, but I really feel that I am ahead.

Question:- Are these hands that have been played out for real or just made up for the show?

Steve
  • edited December 2009
    I would be jamming as well.
    I elected to play 2 2 and hit the set on the flop. What more do you want?
    I don't think the TAG player would raise with 9 10 and if he happens to have 8 8 then I still have outs.
    I am 90% confident that I am ahead.
  • edited December 2009
    I HAVE to do a Bob Marley here and go Jamming.  If he has an overset then so be it, but I really feel that I am ahead. Question:- Are these hands that have been played out for real or just made up for the show? Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    They are real, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. ;)

They are pulled from a variety of sources, Online, Live, here & elsewhere.

Next week may include some of my Live Hands from tomorrow at DTD. Assuming I play at least one.
  • edited December 2009

In the words of Bob Marley..........."Im Jamming"

Poker players have a tendency to not believe the loosey goosey players who have shown bluffs. Its the part of the ego that makes it personal rather than rational.  I therefore dont need to play this cute to get the maximum value. Im shoving and would be very surprised if i dont get a call.

• edited December 2009
    I'll jam here. The pre-flop standard raise suggests a reasonably stronge starting hand, poss A J or overpair so I'm quite confident of being ahead. Pocket 8s is the worry but that's the only hand I can put him on that would be winning.
  • edited December 2009

Quote, "They are real, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. ;) Unquote

Answer = "Dragnet" ..what?  Oh I thought that was the question ! :))

Poker answer,  I don't know, makes me dizzy thinking of these cash limits, I get nose bleed or
    a squeaky butty thinking of these altitudes   .. where's the Malt whisky ..ahh right thats better,   OK  I'm ALL_IN ...  however I'd have passed the 2's pre  flop !!
  • edited December 2009
    Im jamming as well, to good a hand to fold, only 4 possible hands that could be beating us, im putting him on something like  99 or 1010
  • edited December 2009
    Im jamming as well, to good a hand to fold, only 4 possible hands that could be beating us, im putting him on something like  99 or 1010
    Posted by 35suited
    as i called looking to hit a set im allin here, i dont really care what he is holding hopfully an overpair and he thinks im on the flushdraw, he also could have Ax suited on the flush draw so just calling would be bad coz if he misses i wont get the rest of his stack
  • edited December 2009
    that wasnt a response to 35suited i just pressed wrong button lol
  • edited December 2009

QUITE CONFIDENT THAT I AM AHEAD HERE SO I WOULD JAM. MY OPPONENT SHOWS THAT HE HAS A STRONG HAND, BUT HAS TO BE BLUFFING

• edited December 2009
    QUITE CONFIDENT THAT I AM AHEAD HERE SO I WOULD JAM. MY OPPONENT SHOWS THAT HE HAS A STRONG HAND, BUT HAS TO BE BLUFFING
    Posted by FLUSHER90
    Off-topic, but very well played last night Mr Flusher Sir.