You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Beware missing out on bounties.

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Poker rule number one. ALWAYS pay attention 

Comments

• edited April 2013
    For the last few weeks I have noticed a new trend (maybe not new but happening more) in the Bounty Hunters which if you are not paying attention will cost you a few bounties.

So lets say you are holding the nuts after the river and praying your opponenet is going to jam into you. They have 3689 chips and you have them covered. You snap call when they jam only to find out they bet 3688 and have left themselves 1 chip and someone else to win their bounty the next hand. (you might lose a few more trying to win it also) Yes I am talking about me!!

This should only catch you out once and is prob old news but I have seen it 3 times in the last few weeks on SKY (different players) so just a warning to just take that extra second or just go all-in yourself instead of flat calling.
  • edited April 2013
    Well if you have them covered its your fault for not raising them all in.

Stop moaning and pay attention
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Beware missing out on bountys.:
    Well if you have them covered its your fault for not raising them all in. Stop moaning and pay attention
    Posted by calcalfold
    Yes sir. Sorry to have disturbed you sir.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Beware missing out on bountys.:
    For the last few weeks I have noticed a new trend (maybe not new but happening more) in the Bounty Hunters which if you are not paying attention will cost you a few bountys. So lets say you are holding the nuts after the river and praying your opponenet is going to jam into you. They have 3689 chips and you have them covered. You snap call when they jam only to find out they bet 3688 and have left themselves 1 chip and someone else to win their bounty the next hand. (you might lose a few more trying to win it also) Yes I am talking about me!! This should only catch you out once and is prob old news but I have seen it 3 times in the last few weeks on SKY (different players) so just a warning to just take that extra second or just go all-in yourself instead of flat calling.
    Posted by jonjo75

If you have the nuts surely you're always going to be hitting the all in button as opposed to just calling??
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Beware missing out on bountys. : If you have the nuts surely you're always going to be hitting the all in button as opposed to just calling??
    Posted by jordz16

On this occasion no. I know its my fault at no stage have I denied it or moaned I was just pointing out that people are leaving a few chips behind but if you want to pull down my pants and give me a caning which I think is the underlying message of Calcalfolds post I will warn you I am a little old and hairy.
  • edited April 2013
    Not sure you lot know what Jonjo means.... He is saying, just make sure your oppo is actually all in before you call, and not just leaving a few chips behind and therefore you missing the bounty. He isn't saying he is only calling with the nuts, he thinks he is calling their all in, but infact you are not. Why someone would want to leave a few chips I don't know, but he is only trying to give you a warning, no need for the sarcy comments...
  • edited April 2013
    yeah i understand what he means,. but im just saying, even if he has shoved and you have him covered, surely its always better to be hitting the all in button rather than the call button. just to eliminite that tiny chance of it happening
  • edited April 2013
    Not sure you lot know what Jonjo means.... He is saying, just make sure your oppo is actually all in before you call, and not just leaving a few chips behind and therefore you missing the bounty. He isn't saying he is only calling with the nuts, he thinks he is calling their all in, but infact you are not. Why someone would want to leave a few chips I don't know, but he is only trying to give you a warning, no need for the sarcy comments...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Exactly thank you Flash.
  • edited April 2013
    yeah i understand what he means,. but im just saying, even if he has shoved and you have him covered, surely its always better to be hitting the all in button rather than the call button. just to eliminite that tiny chance of it happening
    Posted by jordz16
    This is what I was warning people to do so perhaps they could maybe learn from my mistake.
  • edited April 2013
    Dude, we all know what he meant.
  • edited April 2013
  • edited April 2013
    No need.
    Posted by calcalfold

Exactly my point.
  • edited April 2013
    The only point you have made is highlighting the fact you are probably not paying attention and thus open to exploitation on the tables.
  • edited April 2013
    OK thanks for your input mate.

• edited April 2013
    No worries.

good luck on the tables
  • edited April 2013
    Jonjo, thanks for the advice. Now pull your pants back up
  • edited April 2013
    *Bounties

Know what you mean though Jonjo, it's easy to do, especially when multi-tabling and boozing lol
  • edited April 2013
    *Bounties Know what you mean though Jonjo, it's easy to do, especially when multi-tabling and boozing lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Correct I will change it now.
  • edited April 2013
    If you have the nuts and only call instead of raising all in, you leave yourself open to accusations of collusion as well.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Beware missing out on bounties.:
    If you have the nuts and only call instead of raising all in, you leave yourself open to accusations of collusion as well.
    Posted by FCHD

You've misunderstood his post.