You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The 3k gtd mtt everynite

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
personally i think the blinds should 5 mins and a add on of 8k in chips after the 1st hour  i think its to long winded why i dont play it u could get a min cash and be up till 1 am any 1 agree with the 5 minute structure or is it just me aving a moan 

Comments

• edited April 2013
    just u moaning m8............lol...........not a fan of top up...........might as well do 22 quid tourny :)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to The 3k gtd mtt everynite:
    personally i think the blinds should 5 mins and a add on of 8k in chips after the 1st hour  i think its to long winded why i dont play it u could get a min cash and be up till 1 am any 1 agree with the 5 minute structure or is it just me aving a moan 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Spot on, the structure of too many sky mtts is way too slow. Who wants to play 10/12 min blinds on a rebuy starting at 9pm, they are supposed to be action packed tournies. The 6:30pm is proof of that.

Every other site has speed rebuys that fill up to the gtee every day/night. In the evening sky have two such mtts that have a gtee of over 250 quid, sort it out sky ! 
  • edited April 2013
    +1

Bring back some big 5 min blind comps please like the old days... 

Freezout turbos like the Tuesday Open :) TYTY
  • edited April 2013
    The rebuy part of the tournament is too long but I think the tournament structure is a good one. Yeah you might be up late and get a min cash but thats part of tournament poker. It does go on a bit but I think thats why the players who play it prefer it. I have played the £2.20R a few times ages back and the stacks get so low it ends up as a shovefest (Greg probably licking his lips at the thought of that!). If you made one of them a speed rebuy I don't think it would get the numbers but I am happy to be proved wrong.
  • edited April 2013
    I think the rebuys are the best Mtts on the site at the moment. When you get down to the last 10 or so the average stack is still over 30 BBs so it still gives room for some play which rarely happens at the latter stages of other tourneys.
    I agree though that there should be some more speed tourneys with a bigger buyin/GT for those that want to finish early or just like playing that format.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: The 3k gtd mtt everynite:
    The rebuy part of the tournament is too long but I think the tournament structure is a good one. Yeah you might be up late and get a min cash but thats part of tournament poker. It does go on a bit but I think thats why the players who play it prefer it. I have played the £2.20R a few times ages back and the stacks get so low it ends up as a shovefest (Greg probably licking his lips at the thought of that!). If you made one of them a speed rebuy I don't think it would get the numbers but I am happy to be proved wrong.
    Posted by MattBates
    I do love a good shovefest! :)

• edited April 2013
    matt there is a skill on how to play shove fest as u so call it the best part of a tourney is when u have 15 bb  its a skill to pick spots n to nick chips :) 
  • edited April 2013
    matt there is a skill on how to play shove fest as u so call it the best part of a tourney is when u have 15 bb  its a skill to pick spots n to nick chips :) 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    it's hardly a difficult skill. you could teach a 2 month old baby to do it. just learn what to shove/fold. 9pm rebuys are good but perhaps a little too slow at times, if there were ante's it'd be even better obv
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: The 3k gtd mtt everynite : it's hardly a difficult skill. you could teach a 2 month old baby to do it. just learn what to shove/fold. 9pm rebuys are good but perhaps a little too slow at times, if there were ante's it'd be even better obv
    Posted by percival09
    U gonna teach baby DON90 in 2 months then?

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: The 3k gtd mtt everynite : it's hardly a difficult skill. you could teach a 2 month old baby to do it. just learn what to shove/fold. 9pm rebuys are good but perhaps a little too slow at times, if there were ante's it'd be even better obv
    Posted by percival09

Soo why is it 95% of the sky community dont get this principle then??!! IDCU has made a valid point, but taking this one step further, as a lower stakes mtt player (which most of sky players are) do you really want to play a mtt for 3-4 hours to win like 30 quid??

Its impossible to play decent mtt volume on sky, especially in the evening as everything is geared up to the me. That forces serious lower stakes mtt players to mix and match their mtt schedule with other sites that actually have a decent offering between 6-8pm. 

Sky have speed bh's which are prevalent early to mid morning, then pretty much disappear for the rest of the day. Even in the morning, they get the schedule wrong and have started saturating the schedule with timed mtt's which attract less runners than the speed bh's. SP seriously need to employ someone with a bit of financial nouse, because it is comical how they get nowhere near their potential revenues from reg players each and every day. 

• edited April 2013
    the rebuys are good but id make the buy in £22.00, love the structure too