You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY's Horrific Morning MTT schedule - Sort it out!

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Being an early bird, as there isnt much cash action I play mtt's until about 9am. Until a few weeks ago the main offering was speed bh's which are quite fun very soft and run like 3 or 4 table sngs with the numbers, and given the numbers on the site are quite lucrative. 

Since then someone at sky has decided that timed MTT's should be the main offering. Now given time mtts are supposed to be handy for those who dont have the time to play normal mtts, tell me who has time issues at 6:30am in the morning ! More importantly these tournies are nowhere near as popular as the speed bh's, so why butcher the schedule to have these instead of speed bh's. Look at these stats I compiled this morning as I was playing. 

6:00 am speed BH - 12 runners
6:30 am timed  - 7 runners
7:00 am timed  - 8 runners
7:15 am timed - 11 runners
7:30 am speed BH - 25 runners
7:45 am timed - 10 runners
8:00 am speed BH - 15 runners
8:15 am speed BH - 28 runners 

Now come on someone at sky must realise that timed mtt's are not in demand, so why spam the schedule with them?? As was discussed in another thread sky need to introduce more mtts with 5 minute blinds, if you get donked out of one and theres another speed one available then its no bother; but to play a low stakes mtt for 2-3 hours bubble or min cash is a waste of a poker players time imo. 

As a suggestion could sky run speed BH's every half hour from early morning through to lunch time, then as the schedule gets busier, run 1 an hour with a higher gtee for the rest of the day. 

Sky need someone who is commercially aware, understands what the customer wants and how to maximise revenues. At the moment for a company that is wholly owned by a man who is one of the great business minds of the last 50 years, the situation is farcical.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    its poker noone is up at this time, i shouldnt be :(
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SKY's Horrific Morning MTT schedule - Sort it out!:
    its poker noone is up at this time, i shouldnt be :(
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    LOL nor would I expect you to be YG, but there are some nutters who either play all night or get up early like me!

Seriously though, take the lost revenue throughout the day for the poor schedule and you arent maximising profits as I said.  
  • edited April 2013

Not even sure u can make alot playing those speed BHs.

Combo of 15% rake, tiny fields, and a random ppl taking money out of the prizepool (ppl who take 1/2/3 heads but dnt cash) make them unattractive imo.

If a solid winning MTT player played 1,000 of them w/ an avg of 25 runners I doubt they'd make much profit/have a v big ROI.

Just play morning mtts elsewhere Goon. The 7pm ---- /> 11pm schedule is still pretty poor, so I can't see em worrying too much about the 6am ----- /> 11am slots.

TT's r just a token gesture. quite 'lol' that the timed sngs get more runners than the timed mtts. (if they ever run) 

+1 to YG too. Head hurts. Hope City have thrashed Spurs by the time I wake up a 2nd time :D
  • edited April 2013
    Not even sure u can make alot playing those speed BHs. Combo of 15% rake, tiny fields, and a random ppl taking money out of the prizepool (ppl who take 1/2/3 heads but dnt cash) make them unattractive imo. If a solid winning MTT player played 1,000 of them w/ an avg of 25 runners I doubt they'd make much profit/have a v big ROI. Just play morning mtts elsewhere Goon. The 7pm ---- /> 11pm schedule is still pretty poor, so I can't see em worrying too much about the 6am ----- /> 11am slots. TT's r just a token gesture. quite 'lol' that the timed sngs get more runners than the timed mtts. (if they ever run)  +1 to YG too. Head hurts. Hope City have thrashed Spurs by the time I wake up a 2nd time :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Good point, I have only played about 100 of these, YTD roi on all mtts is good at 133% but sample size is nowhere near big enough.

• edited April 2013
    Thanks for the feedback on this, ACEGOONER.

I have made the relevant people aware of this thread so hopefully they will have a look at the schedule and make any neccesary amendments.
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks for the feedback on this, ACEGOONER. I have made the relevant people aware of this thread so hopefully they will have a look at the schedule and make any neccesary amendments.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Thanks sam, good to hear this will be looked at.
  • edited April 2013
    YEH hve to agreed pasted 1am it's  very bad

• edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback on this, ACEGOONER. I have made the relevant people aware of this thread so hopefully they will have a look at the schedule and make any neccesary amendments.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Good to see sky havent done anything about this. I am going to stop whingeing about the mtt schedule and start playing timed mtt's which quite often have overlay early morning.