You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am I against Aces or Kings here?

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Waltzer Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £77.13
Jawz27 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £37.21
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Elliott44 Fold        
mrdavies Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £94.43
bet3pm_co Raise   £4.50 £6.75 £48.96
Ice_Tiger Fold        
Waltzer Fold        
Jawz27 Fold        
mrdavies Call   £3.00 £9.75 £91.43
Flop

mrdavies Check        
bet3pm_co Bet   £5.00 £14.75 £43.96
mrdavies Raise   £10.00 £24.75 £81.43
bet3pm_co Raise   £19.88 £44.63 £24.08
mrdavies Fold        
bet3pm_co Muck        
bet3pm_co Win   £28.26   £52.34
bet3pm_co Return   £14.88

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I would ask the question with a 4-bet pre-flop
  • edited April 2013

you must realise that you never check min raise weak here?????

surely that tells you everything you need to know?

• edited April 2013
    I played it poorly I know that, what I think im asking is, am i pot commited when I re raise to £10, is it wishful thinking to hope he has AK/flush draw?

So basically should i just fold turn as soon as he bets or flat call and re evaulate or just fold ? not really sure where ii am at!
  • edited April 2013

Yes, u are. 

Hate both lines. 

Read borinloners post on robbies recent thread. 
  • edited April 2013

you're not pot committed when you reraise.  in this spot you have no other option other than fold - ps don't leave villain's name in it ruins the hand.  villain never has worse than you here

don't just raise for the sake of it....have a reason.  here are you raising for value??  are you bluffing?

with your line pre flop i think you're better off check/calling. 

• edited April 2013
    reads?

I dont mind folding pre. Definitely dont ask a question by 4betting unless you are going to call a jam

c/c flop

as played idk, I assume you c/r for value, which is pretty bad imo, if so stack off but I hate the line
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Am I against Aces or Kings here?:
    Definitely dont ask a question by 4betting unless you are going to call a jam 
    Posted by grantorino

on a recent MC show they didn't mind my 4bet as an aggressive line with JJ, but felt i should have folded to IDCU's 5 bet - why do you have to call?
  • edited April 2013
    hate your line here well tbh 1 big mistake i hate your min raise on the flop just call keep bluffs in with your raise ya turning your hand into a bluff the opponent can so easily have a k diamonds a q diamonds here i would call on the flop n re ivaluate on the  turn
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Am I against Aces or Kings here? : on a recent MC show they didn't mind my 4bet as an aggressive line with JJ, but felt i should have folded to IDCU's 5 bet - why do you have to call?
    Posted by GELDY
    When you 4bet why are you 4betting? In general I wouldnt expect to fold out much better and I think worse hands are more likely to 5b than flat. Could be wrong though
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Am I against Aces or Kings here? : When you 4bet why are you 4betting? In general I wouldnt expect to fold out much better and I think worse hands are more likely to 5b than flat. Could be wrong though
    Posted by grantorino
    i guess their view was that only hands that have you beat would 5bet
  • edited April 2013
    best advice not to be sat on the left against a gd player :)