You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whilst playing

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Anybody do anything else when playing.

I have found chillout music / watching snooker is a nice background activity.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    not a surprise given your picture

how about having a bath - remember that next time your in a hand with me.......
  • edited April 2013
    music or watch poker channel cant sit in dark n play need summit in background going on 
  • edited April 2013
    i would watch the snooker love the World Champs, golf and listen to the wife moan.
  • edited April 2013
    lol, my oh talking when I play is a big disruption.

i mean we both know I am not listening, so why bother?
  • edited April 2013
  • edited April 2013
    if I'm playing 8+ tables then it has to be a dark room with no sound whatsoever and I must be wearing a hat. 

Less than 8 then I can blast a bit of MJ and wearing a hat is optional
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Whilst playing:
    i would watch the snooker love the World Champs, golf and listen to the wife moan.
    Posted by stuarty117
    Wow. 

Very impressive multi-tasking skills, Sir. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Whilst playing : Wow.  Very impressive multi-tasking skills, Sir. 
    Posted by percival09
    I swear he said "listen to the wife moan".

Surely there should be a "pretent to" at the start of that. The occasional furrowed brow and deep nodding movement kind of thing.
  • edited April 2013
    Loud music. Mariah Carey playlist on spotify has been working well recently. 
  • edited April 2013
    lol dohhhh i wouldnt have u down as a mariah carey fan  tbh i hateeeeeeee living withhhhhhhhoutttttt uuuuuuuuuu lmao
  • edited April 2013
    Sopranos box set
  • edited April 2013
    Anything on the box that is rubbish, so you don't have to take much notice.
    Something like BIG FAT GYPSY POKER GAME.
  • edited April 2013
    SIMPSONS BOX SET EVERYTIME! BRIGHT COLOURS AND CARTOONS KEPE ME RELAXED FROM TILTING :-)
  • edited April 2013
    Smoke and drink coffee :/

I have wrestled with this subject for years, television catagorically has a negative impact on my game. I guess the reasons for this are obvious it simply takes some of your concentration away from your games.

Posting and reading forums has the same impact probably worse yet im doing that very thing just now whilst playing, D'uh.

Music is a tricky one, i have played some great poker listening to music and had some good MTT results but it seems to make me marginally too loose in SNG's, classical music seems to have a better effect although.

A controversial one would be drinking alcohol and again i have found this depends what im playing. With regards to cash games i have had some monumentally bad cash game sessions while under the influence so from my experiences i would obviously advise against drinking large amounts of alcohol when playing cash games. Having said that i have had several large wins in MTT's under the influence, and the wins from these far outweigh the cash game loses.

We are all different though so each to their own.
  • edited April 2013

I remember the first mtt win I had was while watching Rocky 2, so I'll go with that.

"Yo Adrian, I did it!!!"

• edited April 2013
    I stare occasionaly out of the window wondering what life is like in the outside world while trying to contact people I used to know via facebook only to be blocked and then look back only to find my AA has lost again.
    If I am not staring out of the window then maybe I go for a walk to the front door, open it and take a step outside and then quicky retreat to the comfort of my chair and the amusing world of you tube. I cant' go too far as I may miss AA and then my life would be miserable.
    One day I hope to take a ride into town and visit a real shop where you can buy stuff and get served my pretty girls in short skirts and some say they do smile at you aswel.

one day my firends I will be free of this internet poker addiction and will spend the rest of my days roaming naked in the woods.

• edited April 2013
    I stare occasionaly out of the window wondering what life is like in the outside world while trying to contact people I used to know via facebook only to be blocked and then look back only to find my AA has lost again. If I am not staring out of the window then maybe I go for a walk to the front door, open it and take a step outside and then quicky retreat to the comfort of my chair and the amusing world of you tube. I cant' go too far as I may miss AA and then my life would be miserable. One day I hope to take a ride into town and visit a real shop where you can buy stuff and get served my pretty girls in short skirts and some say they do smile at you aswel. one day my firends I will be free of this internet poker addiction and will spend the rest of my days roaming naked in the woods.
    Posted by rancid
    So if we go out in the woods, were sure of a BIG suprise, or would it be a little one....
  • edited April 2013
    what nobody watches things of a dubious nature(wouldnt let me type it lol) ;-)
  • edited April 2013
    I used to watch football ,golf etc but having been relegated to the spare room due to issues of a loud verbal nature when running bad I can now watch websites of a dubious nature ;-)
  • edited April 2013
    I used to watch football ,golf etc but having been relegated to the spare room due to issues of a loud verbal nature when running bad I can now watch websites of a dubious nature ;-)
    Posted by gixxerk4

And can watch an ALL IN, dubious or none dubious....

• edited April 2013
     what the channel or a bit sport or scan through the hand history so i know who the few are that do falls for bluffs and who  don't play so passive with monsters.