You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30NL - AA in tricky spot

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic

Good fold, don't think there's ever a chance we can be good here and at the end of the day we have only contributed  2 odd quid to the pot so far. Against 2 players, it's just a terrible flop.

I would have repopped it a bit more pre flop.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Villain A I've played with a fair bit, he's usually relatively straight forward, fairly aggro and seems to love trying to own me in pots.

Villian B, virtually completely readless, not seen them do anything out of line yet or it would be noted.

Villian A is defintely capable of trying to rep the Q regardless of his holdings V me, but think he might be slightly less likely to do it 3way V the donker (unless he has reads on them). Think I could probably continue to A's raise if B gets out the way but when B calls, just seems like a horrible spot where if I call now I'm pretty much committing to just calling virtually any turn and any river.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    A Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £28.05
    ST220 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £9.86
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

colzyBJJ Call   £0.30 £0.75 £13.48
    B Call   £0.30 £1.05 £22.11
    Lambert180 Raise   £1.50 £2.55 £37.41
    BowieBoy Fold        
    A Call   £1.35 £3.90 £26.70
    ST220 Fold        
    colzyBJJ Fold        
    B Call   £1.20 £5.10 £20.91
    Flop

• Q
    • Q

A Check        
    B Bet   £1.20 £6.30 £19.71
    Lambert180 Call   £1.20 £7.50 £36.21
    A Raise   £5.55 £13.05 £21.15
    B Call   £4.35 £17.40 £15.36
    Lambert180 Fold        

• edited April 2013
    tbh i dunno what to do here  ya out of position to the raiser on this flop which is ya problem ya gonna have to check call every street if i was in position id call and re ivaluate on the turn think its a sigh fold tho as on the turn and river opponent is going to barrel and are ya prepared to go with it mmmmmm 
  • edited April 2013
    A equals a reg according to your notes, you say he is straight forward/abc. 

This means its an easy fold really. Does he ever c/r worse here. Either has the world or air. 

I will always fold vs description of reg.

Easy note for you when trying to beat these levels = regs never bluff. Dont out think yourself too much when playing regs. Alot will just wait for big hands exclusively and vbet big.

I have lost  too many BI's/£ thinking regs make moves. I now have a list of 2-3 regs that i give the credit to make moves, all others i will just fold. 

All imo.
  • edited April 2013
    fold and feel good
  • edited April 2013
    Cheers guys. I knew I was being a bit results orientated afterwards cos I was deffo happy with the fold at the time.

Obv it went check/check, check/check and they show down J2 and KJ :(
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 30NL - AA in tricky spot:
    Cheers guys. I knew I was being a bit results orientated afterwards cos I was deffo happy with the fold at the time. Obv it went check/check, check/check and they show down J2 and KJ :(
    Posted by Lambert180

Does B stand for boss )
  • edited April 2013
    Meh prob fold readless. With your description of villain I would be tempted to call down as he prob often flats a queen
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 30NL - AA in tricky spot:
    Meh prob fold readless. With your description of villain I would be tempted to call down as he prob often flats a queen
    Posted by grantorino
    That's the problem. I'm definitely just calling down if A is the only one in the hand, but B donking then flatting looked pretty strong and that's what put me off more.
  • edited April 2013
    What is your range for just flatting this small donk-bet? What is the reg likely to think of your range for flatting this donk-bet?