You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quickie for the mods

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey Phil

Firstly it's hard to give an explanation on a post that's been deleted, mainly because the post is gone and any detailed explanation either makes no sense without the original or turns into a reply which whoever deleted it didn't want to do otherwise they wouldn't have deleted it in the first place.

I know most if not all Mods and Admin will contact the poster directly via PM to explain why.  I know I do in all but the most obviously Troll-like cases.

We try to be completely fair and let all of the positive and critical air here, not just the good and shiny clean.  Sometimes it's just not possible to leave something up for a variety of reasons.

I know I haven't answered you very well Phil but it's late and I've got a dog snoring on my lap.  Will try to return to this if needed tomorrow.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Love sky love the forum BUT over the last few days posts seem to be moved or removed completely before any discussion or debate, now i thought that the purporse of the forum was to air the good and the bad without being stupid or disrespectful, now working shifts i like a quick looksy re forum news, and this morning saw a post re a tweet not going to elaborate but sure you know which one (i dont tweet nor like people who throw out comments just to blacken a name, however just deleteing  said post without explanation only serves to give the doomsayers armmunition, hope this makes sense to you! cheers guys and thanks for listening, Phil                   CHEERS TOMMY AND SKY I WAS JUST CURIOUS GOOD TO KNOW YOU PM THE ORIGINAL POSTER WITH YOUR REASONS HOPE THAT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME! AND A GOOD LUCK TO TOMMY IN THE SPT
  • edited April 2013

Hi Ryderoo

We're really clear on the forum rules, they can be seen stickied at the top of Poker Chat for anyone that wants to look at them.

With regards to deleting posts (which doesnt happen that much), we do PM people to explain. We wouldn't then post something to say 'we've deleted this post because of.....' that would only start more conversation on the topic which has been removed. That would be counterproductive.

Thanks
    Sky Poker