You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL50 - AK facing small 5 bet

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
ever a bluff ?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
x Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £47.75
russia Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £42.99
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

chad1992 Fold        
rancid Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £49.83
rtc Fold        
guttaz Fold        
x Raise   £4.75 £7.00 £43.00
russia Fold        
rancid Raise   £11.50 £18.50 £38.33
x Raise   £16.00 £34.50 £27.00
rancid

Comments

• edited April 2013
    You can call or evn fold facing the 3b. Once you 4b I doubt you expect to be flatted. The small raise looks strong and is very rarely a bluff imo, but even assuming he never folds you only need 39% equity with AK and that's good enough for me here considering all the factors

Also if you are readless his 3b is rarely a bluff imo. 
  • edited April 2013
  • edited April 2013
    why 4 bet if we are folding to a 5 bet?
  • edited April 2013
    Never making a 4bet to fold in this spot.  And yes sometimes that's a bluff.  Any reads on the player?
  • edited April 2013
    You need to know why you are 4 betting if i am 4 betting here i am doing it with the intention of getting it in if i am not looking to get it in then 4 betting achieves nothing.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: NL50 - AK facing small 5 bet:
    Never making a 4bet to fold in this spot.  And yes sometimes that's a bluff.  Any reads on the player?
    Posted by TommyD
    Not folding
    oppo is nl50 big time grinder, apart from that nothing
    more intrested in the tendacies of nl50 regs to 5 bet small and why
    what part of the 3 bet range do they then 5 bet small as a bluff
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: NL50 - AK facing small 5 bet:
    You can call or evn fold facing the 3b. Once you 4b I doubt you expect to be flatted. The small raise looks strong and is very rarely a bluff imo, but even assuming he never folds you only need 39% equity with AK and that's good enough for me here considering all the factors Also if you are readless his 3b is rarely a bluff imo. 
    Posted by grantorino
    The fact that I am readless on the 3 bet range troubles me more )
  • edited April 2013
    Assuming he's not a terrible reg:

He probably doesn't have a 3bet bluff range vs your HJ open here unless you've been really loose. He probably thinks you therefore won't be 4bet bluffing him in position or 4betting TT/JJ when you could easily flat. 

Not many regs would min5bet AK OOP vs another regs early position open without history. If he often has QQ+ you're 30% to win with pot odds in the mid 30's.
  • edited April 2013
    imo its never a bluff. how many NL50 player do you knjow that 5bet bluff? I'd say his range is QQ+ and AK. The size of the 5bet makes me weight his hand more towards AA, KK - it really looks like he is tryng to get it in. something like AA/KK - 70%, QQ - 20%, AK - 10% seems about right to me.

I'd prefer to flat the 3bet instead of 4betting because if you get it in you either racing or crushed, whereas some hands that the villan might 3bet fold could get into big trouble against you (Ax, KQ, KJ).

this is obv without any reads other than he is a reg.