You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU cash regulars

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
A question guys. you sit there all day avoiding anyone half decent and only playing what you percieve as fish.

If the fish wins and then quits you have hissy fits like my daughter if I turn her Peppa Pig DVD off.

What are the rules in your world? Must the fish just keep playing until you have taken it all?

I won't name names but in the last hour 2 of you have spat your dummies out.

You need to give your heads a wobble - you're embarrassing.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to HU cash regulars:
    A question guys. you sit there all day avoiding anyone half decent and only playing what you percieve as fish. If the fish wins and then quits you have hissy fits like my daughter if I turn her Peppa Pig DVD off. What are the rules in your world? Must the fish just keep playing until you have taken it all? I won't name names but in the last hour 2 of you have spat your dummies out. You need to give your heads a wobble - you're embarrassing.
    Posted by onetimepls
    fish owe these guys a living, didnt you no???
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: HU cash regulars:
    In Response to HU cash regulars : fish owe these guys a living, didnt you no???
    Posted by THEROCK573
    it certainly seems they think that!
  • edited April 2013
    Couldn't agree more OP.
    I've suggested to the people at Sky to turn the HU cash lobby into the "Heads-Up Shuffle" format they have for MTTs, as this would not only benefit the players by forcing people to play one another, creating action and providing a more enjoyable game for recreational players, but generate more rake for the site too!

You can't do this in any other game, so why should it be allowed here? It seems farcical to only try and play against the weakest opponents, especially considering we don't have HUDs here, all the more reason to pony up and play one another.

Another solution could be implement anonymous HU tables, although from what I've seen, it sadly doesn't work too well.

Props for stepping up to say something about it though. Almost impossible for me to get 5 hands in with some HU, before they snap sit-out and refuse action with a "nty" in chat. Not to mention some of Skys' (past AND present) sponsored pros do it too.

No more bumhunting, booooo!
  • edited April 2013
    Not that I play hu anymore.

But I dont have any problem with people bumhunting.

I mean its the equivalent of table selection at 6max, your not going to join a table of good players when there is a table of weak ones available.

Made a pretty penny doing this a few years back.

• edited April 2013
    Not that I play hu anymore. But I dont have any problem with people bumhunting. I mean its the equivalent of table selection at 6max, your not going to join a table of good players when there is a table of weak ones available. Made a pretty penny doing this a few years back.
    Posted by calcalfold
    That's just you rationalising it for convenience :/

In a 6max game, the whole idea is that you CAN'T just play pots with whoever you like. You're forced (unless you want to give up a huge edge) to play pots both in and out of position against every player at the table. You can't refuse 6max action as soon as some regs sit down, because you'd end up never playing a hand. This is possible in HU cash, and it's a joke. Anyone can make a killing HU if they just wait for the weakest players to sit versus them. It's almost impossible in Sit'n'gos and outright impossible in MTT HU shootouts.

It'd be great for the games on Sky if something were done about it, and heck, I'm a reg pulling for the recreational players here!
  • edited April 2013
    it would be better to have heads up 

anonymus tables :) 
  • edited April 2013
    Played a bit on another site they have heads up from low-high stakes they call them anonymous.
    They are just called , player 1 -player2.
    Think it would be good for the non regs to have a go and the regs to gamble not knowing what
    they are up against?
  • edited April 2013
    Played a bit on another site they have heads up from low-high stakes they call them anonymous. They are just called , player 1 -player2. Think it would be good for the non regs to have a go and the regs to gamble not knowing what they are up against?
    Posted by supercrazy
    Someone been drinking?
  • edited April 2013
    why would anyone want to play HU and not know who they are playing - no reads lols

If regs are playing each and have no edge then there is no point apart from swapping buy ins

More annoying when they refuse to play each other on 6 max tables to get action going surely, table just snap breaks when the rec stands

It's just an obvious acceptance that the HU regs are happy at the level and do not wish to push their game to the next level by playing other regs or players that are above their level.

Can't really knock them too much can you just because they don't want the challenge

• edited April 2013
    Not that I play hu anymore. But I dont have any problem with people bumhunting. I mean its the equivalent of table selection at 6max, your not going to join a table of good players when there is a table of weak ones available. Made a pretty penny doing this a few years back.
    Posted by calcalfold
    I'm not against table selection. That's up to them It's when the 'FISH' wins and then leaves they act disgracefully.

You would think it would be in there best interest to say GG WP and hope the 'FISH' may come back.

• edited April 2013
    i know its so sad onetimepls ive noticed same 4 or 5 players on all the high stakes cash just waiting and hardly ever do they get accompanied,, its about time sky just had 1 or 2 max heads up tabs above nl200
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: HU cash regulars : I'm not against table selection. That's up to them It's when the 'FISH' wins and then leaves they act disgracefully. You would think it would be in there best interest to say GG WP and hope the 'FISH' may come back.
    Posted by onetimepls

Exactly right mate.

They should say GG WP and hope they come back and i am certain that there will be the odd ones that do but unfortunately too many of them live in the moment and are not thinking of future profits.

FWIW i think that poker is a game where you are meant to make money and reg v reg is just a waste of time imo so i dont blame them for not playing each other when there are so many more tables and sites full of rec players.
  • edited April 2013

My mates a plasterer and he has same problem.

All other professional plasterers wait for people who dont know how to plaster and are going to give them money to plaster.

Everytime he tries to take on another pro at plastering they say no ty.

Bunch of bum hunting nits.

• edited April 2013
    My mates a plasterer and he has same problem. All other professional plasterers wait for people who dont know how to plaster and are going to give them money to plaster. Everytime he tries to take on another pro at plastering they say no ty. Bunch of bum hunting nits.
    Posted by ajs4385
    bit early for the drink matey?

#completelymissedthepoint
  • edited April 2013
    Abusing someone you want to win money from is really not a good idea is it
  • edited April 2013
    Anonymous tables wouldnt work as the 'bumhunters' wouldnt play not knowing how good/bad their opponent is!
  • edited April 2013
    Introduce 3 max tables IMO
  • edited April 2013
    anonymus tables stops sitting waiting for 20 hrs till a fish pays for there bills :)
  • edited April 2013
    j buss not as if they get action anyway lol 
  • edited April 2013
    With these people the abuse is a tactic to put you off your game.
  • edited May 2013
    Bumhunting is bad

Hit n Run is also bad imo.

Sometimes it happens and someone has to leave shortly after winning a big pot and that's fine. But if someone is known for sitting down trying to double and insta leave, and they do it all the time, I think that's bad too.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to HU cash regulars:
    A question guys. you sit there all day avoiding anyone half decent and only playing what you percieve as fish. If the fish wins and then quits you have hissy fits like my daughter if I turn her Peppa Pig DVD off. What are the rules in your world? Must the fish just keep playing until you have taken it all? I won't name names but in the last hour 2 of you have spat your dummies out. You need to give your heads a wobble - you're embarrassing.
    Posted by onetimepls

good post sir

• edited May 2013
    In Response to About time imo:
    Couldn't agree more OP. I've suggested to the people at Sky to turn the HU cash lobby into the "Heads-Up Shuffle" format they have for MTTs, as this would not only benefit the players by forcing people to play one another, creating action and providing a more enjoyable game for recreational players, but generate more rake for the site too! You can't do this in any other game, so why should it be allowed here? It seems farcical to only try and play against the weakest opponents, especially considering we don't have HUDs here, all the more reason to pony up and play one another. Another solution could be implement anonymous HU tables, although from what I've seen, it sadly doesn't work too well. Props for stepping up to say something about it though. Almost impossible for me to get 5 hands in with some HU, before they snap sit-out and refuse action with a "nty" in chat. Not to mention some of Skys' (past AND present) sponsored pros do it too. No more bumhunting, booooo!
    Posted by Smitalos
    hey carlos,
    i'm not asking you to name names but i'm pretty sure i'm the sole sky poker sponsored pro on here & i've yet to try my hand at HU cash,
    i expect to see you in the queue when i start pls!
  • edited May 2013
    the main problem is that at nl50 6max losing player can sit at nl1k+ HU table and be a winner by bumhunting, i think king of the hill HU tables would be best solution ( with a cap on number of tables you can sit at)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: About time imo:
    In Response to About time imo : hey carlos, i'm not asking you to name names but i'm pretty sure i'm the sole sky poker sponsored pro on here & i've yet to try my hand at HU cash, i expect to see you in the queue when i start pls!
    Posted by yoyo
    I posted a list of bumhunters i'd seen this month ITT, but it got insta-deleted because...

"You wouldn't want someone else to do the same to you."

-.-

1) I don't, havn't, and will never bumhunt. If anything, I'm known more in my time as a poker player as a reg-hunter. Just clogging up their HU tables always gives me the giggles, hehe!
    2) If I was doing something that was... going against the ettiquette and sportsmanship of the game, then I wouldn't take the criticism personally, and would do what I can to rectify it ASAP.
    /> inB4 people say I smack-talk everyone.

ANYWAY Julian, I relish the opportunity to take on yourself. As far as I'm concerned, you're drawing pretty dead. ;)
    #over30 #LivePro #yumyum
    (same goes to you Matt, as I totally forgot about your Tweet, my apologies sir!!)
  • edited May 2013
    zzzzzzzzzzz threads like this are borin..!! zzzzzz wont change anythin zzzzzzzzz
  • edited May 2013
    I can see why "regs" dont like the hit n run but imo they gotta accept  that weaker players like to do this. They just need to realise that they w felt the rec before they double up more than evs.
     I run my roll up 2 1.5k and took a gamble by sitting on a hu nl1000 table v a well known reg and doubled up twice. This was alot of money for me so left. This guy stalked me on every table i played for days and even took to abuse via messaging me on facebook.. I won.. Deal with it!!!!!
  • edited May 2013
    I can see why "regs" dont like the hit n run but imo they gotta accept  that weaker players like to do this. They just need to realise that they w felt the rec before they double up more than evs.  I run my roll up 2 1.5k and took a gamble by sitting on a hu nl1000 table v a well known reg and doubled up twice. This was alot of money for me so left. This guy stalked me on every table i played for days and even took to abuse via messaging me on facebook.. I won.. Deal with it!!!!!
    Posted by bigflop1
    I don't understand why people hold back from naming people who are abusing other players, especially off the tables where it's obviously out of bounds. Taking it onto FaceBook is not only unprofessional but clearly out of line, and you should do something about it. Unless people speak up about who's doing it, it will continue. For both you, and others.

Congrats on winning the couple of 'k' of them tho, vwp sir, and GL at the tables.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: HU cash regulars : I don't understand why people hold back from naming people who are abusing other players, especially off the tables where it's obviously out of bounds. Taking it onto FaceBook is not only unprofessional but clearly out of line, and you should do something about it. Unless people speak up about who's doing it, it will continue. For both you, and others. Congrats on winning the couple of 'k' of them tho, vwp sir, and GL at the tables.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Not allowed to name and shame on here, post will be insta deleted!! Msg me on facebook and il tell you there if you need to know!! Name is darren davies, im friends with a few forum regs so should find me!
  • edited May 2013
    All HU tables should scrapped imo !

If not a max of 2-3 shoul b spawned at each level with auto kick off ur seat if u sit out (refuse action ) after 20 seconds